My husband and I and a Couple from the East Coast stayed at the Upham for our daughter's UCSB Graduation June 2011. We stayed for 3 nights in 2 King bedroom's and both were beautiful, very comfortable and quiet. This is a beautiful Hotel in a beautiful serene setting and we could not have been happier or more relaxed. We loved having coffee and breakfast in the garden, relaxing there again late afternoon and having great shopping and Restaurants just a few blocks away.
Louie's Restaurant is right in the Hotel and serves excellent food, I would highly recommend it. I probably would not visit Santa Barbara again without at least having Lunch there. For Graduation we walked a few blocks to OPAL Restaurant, another fabulous Restaurant.
I would love to stay at the Upham again. What really impressed me is that the management did not double the room prices for Graduation as most of the other Hotels do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara