Santa Monica, CA
5/11/2011 I stayed at the Upham Hotel last December with my boyfriend for his birthday weekend. It was our first time staying at the historical hotel and were very impressed! The lobby was warm and welcoming with a fireplace fire lit, holiday decorations and complementary beverages / small bites. We enjoyed a glass of wine by the fire before checking into our room and visited with some of the other guest passing through. The hotel grounds are beautiful with lush landscaping and many quaint places to sit and enjoy the peaceful surroundings. Our room was very cozy, complete with a fireplace and wonderful linens.
I enjoyed a morning walk/jog to the nearby Marina. The complimentary breakfast offered at the Upham was also impressive. Our stay was short and sweet but we are looking forward to returning to the Upham soon. Hands down the best stay we have had in Santa Barbara. Wonderful service and a warm and welcoming staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian treasure in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, the Upham Hotel and Country House is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Santa Barbara, Southern California. Constructed of redwood with sweeping verandas, the 58-room 1871 landmark is surrounded by an acre of gardens and combines the intimacy of a bed and breakfast with the convenience of a full-service hotel and conference facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Upham Hotel & Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upham Hotel Santa Barbara
- Upham Santa Barbara
- Upham Hotel Santa Barbara