“GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!”

Skydive Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skydiving company owned and operated by Dave Hughes, the British Skydiving Champion in 1986. Offers Tandem Skydiving to first time jumpers and Assisted Free fall progression for people who want to learn to jump on their own.
Reviewed February 24, 2012

This was on my bucket list, and the experience did not let me down! Upon arrival the staff was helpful and got us all set up to jump quickly and efficiently. We watched a safety video, got suited up, chatted with our tandem jump instructors, and then we were whisked off into the plane! I thought the instructors were very friendly, helpful, and responsible about what they were doing and I felt like I was in capable hands. Of course the jump itself is amazing! When you land they offer you 40% off your next jump if you buy now, and of course, hopped up on adrenaline we did it - but if you read this and know that it's coming maybe you can have more self control!

Another side note - pictures are not free, they're about $70! Know before you go!

4  Thank jmemrick
"clouds"
"sb"
"ocean"

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Staff was incredibly rude and unhelpful--my concerns over the condition of the equipment and safety risks were met with bothered and impatient responses from staff. I decided against going out with them, as I did not feel confident that they had my best interest in mind.

8  Thank cmanthomas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

IF you are visiting in the Santa Barbara area and are looking for a great family memory you must skydive with this company. About a 45 minute drive north in beautiful scenery. We reserved the early jump and had to wait for the cloud cover to burn off. Other than that, everything was great. The jumpers who went tandem with my family were great. The check in process, complete with video that tells you you could die (!), was smooth.
Pricey for husband and two sons but wouldn't trade a minute! DO IT!

5  Thank lfgart
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I went to Sky Dive Santa Barbara today for my first tandem sky diving experience. Was absolutely worth all the driving hassle from LA. I strongly recommend everyone to try this once in their life time. About Sky Dive Santa Barbara:

facts:
1. My instructor was Chris. Great guy, very friendly, clearly explains everything you need to know and a fun person to team up with for this experience. He knew what he was doing and that is what you need when you jump with someone from 13000 ft.
2. Front desk was quite professional - at least I have not experienced anything particularly disrespectful or unprofessional. But then again, you are not going there to make friends. Every person has a task to complete for your jump and they do it well.
3. They charge $69 for video and + 39 for photos....or $69 for photos and $39 for video...basically they rip you off on the video and photo part. Which is very annoying. I got a video only...It is a nice video yes but basically a rip off for what it is. Bunch of photos should not cost the same as a video does if you want to just get photos...
4. After you check in at the front desk you are seated at this dark, airless room with a TV on which a video instruction plays. The video seems to be dating back from 1910s or something. Made me curious to know who runs that place.
5. Expect to spend at least 3-4 hours...

7  Thank magnetar