“Absolutely fantastic!”

Skydive Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skydiving company owned and operated by Dave Hughes, the British Skydiving Champion in 1986. Offers Tandem Skydiving to first time jumpers and Assisted Free fall progression for people who want to learn to jump on their own.
Santa Barbara, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I just jumped this morning, and it was wonderful! Great people at the desk, all timely & efficient, you do have to sign your life away & absolve them of all responsibility, but totally worth it!
My instructor, Chris, was great ~ he explained things well, was funny& I felt safe with him, all while taking stills & video with a wrist cam for me!
The view was beautiful & the landing easy & graceful!
You get a certificate that says you "willingly left a perfecly good airplane at 13,000 feet" Pretty fun!
Look for what is great, and you get great things! : ) Go for it!

PS It is actually 40 miles north of SB in Lompoc

Visited June 2011
6 Thank travellingyogini7

Santa Clarita, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Horrible Experience! Pay attention to this warning!”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I have never been skydiving before, so did not know what to expect from this experience. Called and spoke with the people working for Skydiving Santa Barbara on a number of occasions to make sure we understood what to do, bring, etc...

Our first trip was cancelled due to weather, which was to be expected, as it was a bad day to dive. Therefore, we re-scheduled for the next Sunday and drove the three hours to get to the airport for our jump. Upon arrival, we noticed there were a ton of people waiting around. When I asked the lady running the front desk what we should do, she had us sign waivers, sit and watch a video and then wait. We waited for hours. I guess there was a point in the day that the planes were grounded for 1 hour, but we were 4 hours behind schedule due to them being unorganized and overbooked.

We were told that we could go up on a plane soon, but now could no longer get the full video package, as there was not enough room on the plane for the photographer also, and they would not be able to get us back out again that evening if we didn't take the flight offered. So we sacrificed the footage to be able to all fly together. This didn't happen either, as when we were suited up and heading for the plane, the diver who was taking our second passenger (the person whose birthday we were doing this for in the first place) said she no longer felt like diving and now they couldn't go together. There was nothing that could be changed at this point, as our first passenger was already on the plane waiting for his partner.

The staff could not have been less caring of what happened, and treated us as if we were nothing to them in the grand scheme of things. They, after much discussion, did finally give us a $20 discount on the photos (which is the least they could do). Upon waiting or our b-day boy to finally jump BY HIMSELF, we went back to the hanger to wait for the video. We were told this would take no more than 20 min as our first passenger had now jumped over an hour ago. We waited more than 1 hour only to find they had done all the other videos for all the jumpers after our first passenger and hadn't even started ours! We finally had to leave to take the three hour ride home with nothing to show of the trip. Hoping they will actually mail us the DVD as promised, but with the level of service we had so far, I doubt we will ever see the footage that we paid for.

Heed this warning. Do not use this place. There are so many others out there to choose from, and I would not want anyone to have this terrible experience with office staff who truly don't care that you have a good experience.

Sadly, the instructors were actually wonderful, but in the end, couldn't make this a good experience since everything else was SO HORRIBLE.

11 Thank bbartosh
Santa Barbara
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Do not go here!!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

These people are so full of themselves it is pathetic. It really is a shame. Never paid so much for bad attitude.

11 Thank jctsails
Calabasas, CA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“unbelievable...amazing...what a rush!”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We went for my daughter's 18th birthday...and had an amazing time. There was a slight wait so that the marine layer could clear. They were helpful and kind. Above all they were safe and safety conscious. While my daughter had no fears and was thrilled every step of the way. I was extremely nervous (I'm afraid of heights...and don't even like to jump out of my car!) and had big doubts about doing this. My tandem instructor, Josh was a great communicator and talked me through the whole process. He was contantly checking and triple checking our harness. He told me what to expect every step of the way. It was an amazing experience...incredible views and unbelievably fun. The only downside...was the wait...but it was for safety. It is not cheap to get the whole experience...but it is worth it. Thank you sky dive Santa Barbara.

4 Thank Pheumann01
avon, ct
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I arrived at 1:35pm and was in the air by 2:05pm. I was done by 2:30 with a personalized DVD of my experience and a CD of pictures waiting for me 20 mins after my jump. There was no wait on this weekday to get in the air and I found the staff to be helpful; answering any questions I had. I would be happy to jump with this company again. Thanks again.

4 Thank bzaros