“Best tour in Santa Barbara”

Santa Barbara Land Shark
Ranked #32 of 84 Tours in Santa Barbara
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Las Vegas, Nevada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Best tour in Santa Barbara”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

What a great tour. The tour showed us the city and landmarks and going from land to see in our bus was so cool. The guide was super fun, entertaining and upbeat. When the tour is done, you will have learned so much about the city and it's attractions. You will have a great sense of the city by the time you are done. Don't miss this tour if you are in SB.

Tip- Do get to the pickup location in advance and I would suggest forming a line as we did with other people there. There were some people that tried to cut the line because space is limited so a line worked out for us.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank lovetowinbingo

Glendale, California
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 301 helpful votes
“Didn't Get on The Bus”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Disclaimer - We did not go on the tour, this is just for our experience waiting for the tour.

On Wednesday afternoon, we saw the bus and decided that we wanted to take the afternoon tour. When we returned, we were told that if we couldn't get a minimum of ten people for the tour, that the tour wouldn't be able to run. We waited and waited. Eventually seven people showed up. The tour guide clearly wanted to cancel the tour, as he was doing nothing to drum up business. Several people walked by and looked at the bus and sign, but he just fiddled on his phone and avoided eye contact with them.

I felt very much like they didn't want to run the tour or our business and we ended up wasting half an hour of our time.

The tour looks like it would be a lot of fun, but we left with a bit of a negative impression and are likely to go with different tour companies on future trips.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Karen H
San Jose, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun tour”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

While on vacation in Santa Barbara my wife and I decided to take the Land and Sea Shark Tour. The tour guide (Milo) was humorous and provided lots of historical references on various points of interest. Seeing Santa Barbara from the ocean is pretty cool not to mention getting to see some sea lions up close. We don't have kids but the kids on the tour had a blast. I would recommend doing this tour early in your trip then go back and visit some of the places highlighted on the tour.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Fred L
Tehachapi, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Really fun and informative”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We almost passed this up because of the $25 price tag, but so glad we went ahead with it.

Our guide (why did't I get his name?) was funny and gave us great information about the history of this town. On his recommendation, we also visited the courthouse and clock tower, and the Museum of Art.

It was definitely worth the price of the ticket and I'm sure a return visit is in order the next time I travel to S.B. with someone.

Visited November 2012
Gardnerville, Nevada
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“The Land Shark”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I recently took the Land Shark amphibious boat with a friend I was visiting in Santa Barbara. She lives there and I have visited several times, but we both enjoyed our trip on the Land Shark. It takes you on a little tour of the town and then out in the harbor to see the boat marina and the seals and sea lions, also throw in a dolphin or two. At first we thought the guide was going to be a little hokey, but he settled down and was quite informative. If it looks like there are a lot of tourists, line up early as seats are first come, first served and it does not hold too many passengers. Also, on winter weekdays they run a reduced schedule, so it stops early.

Visited November 2012