Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$8.50*
and up
Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea...
Ranked #35 of 180 things to do in Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center is located on Stearns Wharf and fulfills the mission of the Museum to inspire a passion for the natural world. At the Sea Center visitors of all ages can enjoy interactive exhibits, opportunities to work like scientists, a theater showcasing the wonders of the Santa Barbara Channel, hands-on close encounters with sea creatures, and a live shark touch pool. Children can crawl through a 1,500-gallon tidepool tank to see ocean life from a different perspective. The Sea Center is an engaging, interactive marine education facility that allows visitors to discover the fun in science and the wonders of the natural world.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Sea Center was small and we spent about an hour there. There were some interesting exhibits that kept the kids engaged. If back in SB, I wouldn't go there again and probably wouldn't recommend it to others only because it is small and our time spent there was quick. But I am glad I took my family there because it was a fun, interesting place.

1  Thank lovetowinbingo
"favorite exhibit"
in 3 reviews
"marine life"
in 8 reviews
"great place for small children"
"small center"
in 19 reviews
"aquarium"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The place is small but very interesting once you start walking. It's a great place for children to learn about sea life. I love the fact that you are able to touch most of the sea life plus there are people taking facts about whatever it is you interacting with.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you have been to other aquariums, you will be disappointed. It is very small and the displays are mediocre. The docents were not very inspirational.
OK for small kids.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stopped in and wasn't sure what we would find. We were pleasantly surprised at the hands on aquarium. Its a great place for kids but even adults can enjoy its exhibits. Its a small place, only takes an hour or so. The price is cheap and the views of the area are fantastic. Great staff too!

2  Thank Rbertj
See more reviews
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to this cool little aquarium on a Tuesday and we had the best time. We were allowed to gently touch starfish, sea slugs, crabs and even sharks! The staff were friendly and enthusiastic about their jobs. It was eight bucks per adult and I'll tell you, I've spent sixteen bucks on a few coffees at Starbucks and went home with nothing more than coffee. Today I went home with a head full of memories and ideas. Not to mention, great photos. Yes it's small, but if you really get into it, you'll be satisfied with all of it. Plus since they're literally on the ocean, the animals get to go back into the ocean to make room for new-comers. How awesome is THAT!? Have fun!

2  Thank Bchadwick76