Book In Advance

More Info
from $94.99
More Info
2,482 results
All reviews self guided tour rose garden california history beautiful church island of the blue dolphins gift shop native americans memorial day weekend chumash indians great history lots of history own pace small museum cemetery queen mass chalk
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I just drove up to the Mission to take a look. It was all shut due to the time but it was so beautiful with the sun going down over the building. A lovely green area is opposite with people playing games and walking dogs. Very peaceful indeed.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very beautiful, well-preserved and had to be partially rebuilt after the 1925 earthquake, as did most of Santa Barbara. Admission is free unless you take the tour,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

If you see one Mission in CA, the Mission Santa Barbara is the best choice. Beautiful grounds, well organized for visitors and lots of parking.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is my Santa Barbara's friend "happy place". I had seen pictures of it, heard her talk about it and was so glad to finally take it all in. It amazes me that it is on the hilltop. I had expected it to be closer to the beach but that was just my perception. Lots of people were there to take in the bells. Very nice.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were traveling through California for 12 days and decided to stop at only 1 of the Missions. We choose Santa Barbara based on other reviews. The architecture, gardens and history were truly inspiring. However, we chose the docent tour option rather than the self guided tour. Unfortunately, this was one of the worse docent led tours we've ever taken. Though the volunteer had good intentions, their presentation dragged and left us uninspired. We ended up leaving the tour and doing a self guided tour. Take the time to visit the Mission but do not pay the extra fee of $8 per person for the docent tour. Rather take the self guided tour for a fee of $4 per person.