“Amazing food tucked away on a historical pathway.”
Review of Cold Spring Tavern

Cold Spring Tavern
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular mountain for hiking outside of Santa Barbara.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Found this place on Trip Advisor; the food was awesome, great value & we loved the historical setting with lots of shade! My husband & I stopped here for lunch on our way to Pismo to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary; highly recommended.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm not sure how to characterize this place, part biker bar, part fine dining, part historical landmark, part music club. This started as a place where people would stop to water their horses at the top of San Marcos pass back in the 19th century. It's a great place to have a beer or a good meal in their extremely quaint log-cabin-style restaurant. On weekend evenings they have great local bands playing. Speaking of weekends, this is a favorite destination for bikers ... not Hells Angels type bikers, more like your neighbor who likes to dress up in his leathers and take the "old lady" for a ride on his "hog." Be aware that 154 is a very dangerous road and as such the cops often set up DUI check points on it. You shouldn't be drinking and driving anyway. Enough said.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We visited here based on other TripAdvisor reviews and was not disappointed. It is a scenic 25 minute drive above Santa Barbara. We went there on a Saturday afternoon and was surprised to see a live band outside the tavern. There were many people here. Yes it is dark inside but that is part of the charm as if you were whisked back in time to what pioneers traveling west in stage coaches would have experienced. If you have time definitely visit!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My fiance took me here for a romantic anniversary dinner. I was not impressed, but I think it was because my expectations were too high. The drive there was very pretty and we stopped to take some pictures. My entree was not up to par and he seemed to like his ok. The only thing I loved here was the wine..

1  Thank sandiegotraveler76
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a hidden gem! The ambience is amazing and the food was really good! You just step back to the year 1886 and can almost hear the stagecoaches going by. Can't wait to come back and to recomend it to everyone. The staff also added to the experience. I just wish we lived closer!

1  Thank Calisurfergirly