“decent”

Grapeline Wine Tours Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Owner description: Get ready for a flexible, fun-filled day in the vineyards, sampling liquid treasures crafted by passionate local winemakers. Discover Santa Barbara's premier wine region aboard The Grapeline Wine Country Shuttle – a fleet of deluxe shuttles with friendly hosts and thoughtfully arranged itineraries. Daily public tours as well as private group outings.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Driver tom, although knowledgeable, talked way too much and was almost annoying on occasion. Wineries visited were mediocre. Lunch was so so.

There are newer reviews for Grapeline Wine Tours Santa Barbara

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I just returned from my fourth wine tasting tour with Grapeline and as usual I cannot say enough about how ridiculously fun it is and how absolutely gorgeous the Santa Ynez Valley is. The vines are basically just gnarled sticks right now, because they lose all theri leaves each year. So it is the least picturesque of all the times I've been. But nevertheless it is still amazingly picturesque with lines of vines on hills of green ground cover and old oaks on green hills. Grapeline has become a somewhat annual event for me, and needless to say I have become their biggest fan, bringing new customers along on my secret indulgence every time. They do a good job making it different every time and asking what you like so they can tailor to specific interests. I originally tried it for a built-in DD, but it really is just a whole day of happiness that makes it addictive.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Ok so after finding out how far the wine country was from our hotel we contacted Grapeline. We actually contacted them on a Sunday afternoon around 4pm for a tour on Monday and they were very happy to accommodate. The driver, David, came to pick us up at our hotel in Santa Barbara for the 45 minute ride. On the ride up David was very knowledgable of the area and gave us some great facts.
We got to the next hotel to pick up the other couple and were on our way to some good wineries. David had a few wineries lined up but also checked with us to see what types of wines that our crew liked and made the final arrangements for the rest of the day.
After hitting the first two wineries David took our prepared lunch and arranged a great setup with a table cloth, place mats and cloth napkins at one of the wineries. These guys think of everything. David seemed to have a great knowledge of the local area and a great relationship with the people at the wineries.
All and all a great experience that I would definitely repeat again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Getting away to wine country for the day feels like a mini vacation, definitely rejuvenating and so much fun. Our group met early for breakfast at Mesa Cafe in Santa Barbara and were picked up promptly at the Hotel Indigo. The drive on 101 north was gorgeous and our driver had a great playlist on so we were singing along. We started at Firestone then off to Kohler where we had a fantastic picnic lunch while sitting out in the sun. Next was Curtis and lastly Lincourt whose tasting room was in a historical craftsman house. I really liked the variety in the four wineries we went to. Our driver, Tom, was very knowledgable and perfectly hospitable, even driving us through Los Olivos where I had never been. Couldn't have been better, will definitely continue to recommend Grapeline, thanks so much!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was my 2nd tour with Grapeline (the first being in Temecula). The tour was much bigger this time, with around 30 of us, and if I am honest I prefer a smaller group. I would have preferred it if they had split us up into two groups for the whole day. But we had fun and this is a lovely area to go wine tasting in. So scenic! Not sure why we got picked up in Buellton, to go up to Solvang and then come back to Buellton! But we started at Curtis Winery, that did a chocolate/wine tasting which was delish. Billy our guide here was fun and informative. I only wish some of our group had listened to him rather than chatting on amongst themselves. 2nd stop was Firestone where we had our lunch inside one of the member's rooms. The lunch was nice, but I personally could have done with a slightly bigger sandwich and a smaller salad and cookie. Also a bit tricky to try the wines here over lunch. 3rd stop was Zaca Mesa which was packed, but really buzzy and they were giving away free chocolate fountain, crackers, bread etc. Awesome! We finished up at Tres Hermanas. They had some great case offers here, and i personally much preferred the reds to the whites.
David our Grapeline guide was friendly and kept us to time, without feeling rushed. As ever with these tours it is who you are with that helps make it a special day. I met some lovely chatty friendly people who were happy to spend their day with this solo traveller. Conversation and lovely wine is what this tour is all about!