“Very nice”

Grapeline Wine Tours Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get ready for a flexible, fun-filled day in the vineyards, sampling liquid treasures crafted by passionate local winemakers. Discover Santa Barbara's premier wine region aboard The Grapeline Wine Country Shuttle – a fleet of deluxe shuttles with friendly hosts and thoughtfully arranged itineraries. Daily public tours as well as private group outings.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I called to book a Thursday tour and was asked if we were celebrating any occasion. I told them anniversary. We were picked up by Tom at the Hyatt. Tom works Thursday through Sunday. There were 7 passengers total that day, a nice small group. When we were all picked up. Tom mentioned all the birthdays and anniversaries, which was a nice touch. The bus was comfortable. We were given an itinerary. If you don't have a special request, Tom makes up the itinerary. When Tom found out a lady in our group wanted to get Bourbon for her husband (she didn't mention this when she booked), he adjusted the itinerary by substituting one of the winery with Mosby, which makes Bourbon.

We stopped at Curtis Winery, Brander, had lunch at Brander, then Mosby and Lafond. We also stopped at the Rancho Olivos for olive tasting. Lunch was very tasty with real table cloth and silverware. We also passed by Solvang and were able to view the building architecture of the town.

Tom is fun, professional, knowledgeable and enjoys his job, which was reflected in his attitude. We got to go to the back of Curtis Winery for an explanation of the various tanks, machines, etc. used for making wine. Their tasting room is pretty and chocolate pairing with wine was faboulous. Lafond was our last stop and we had plenty of wine by then. We tried only one and went outside to view the vineyard. This winey is very pretty. Although harvest had happened at all the wineries, Lafond still had some Syrah on the vines, so we were able to take pictures. Tom was very accommodating and took each person, or couple's pictures at various places.

We ended up being at least one hour behind schedule after lunch. Tom did not rush us at all. The whole experience was very relaxed. We were glad to have taken this tour. If you can book on the days Tom works, you'll have a great time.

Happy tasting!

"vineyard picnic tour"
in 6 reviews
"paso robles"
in 9 reviews
"our tour guide was knowledgeable"
"andrew murray"
"behind the scenes"
in 7 reviews
"wedding party"
"private tour"
in 9 reviews
"great tour"
in 11 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"beautiful area"
"tommy"
in 34 reviews

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I can't say enough about Grapeline wine tour and the flexible, fun day of wine tasting with no worries. I will definately recommend and definately return.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We took the wine tour whilst in Solvang. There were only me and my husband and another couple booked on that day so the tour guide Tommy tailored the choice of vineyards around us and we got the chance to go to a couple of smaller ones that don’t take larger groups.
We visited 4 vineyards – Gaineys, Branders, Firestone and Lincourt. All four very different but each had lovely wines in common. We got to take a tour at Firestone and learn about how wines are made, and at Gaineys we got to sample some of the grapes straight off the vine. Not only was Tommy really knowledgeable but at each vineyard the people on hand pouring out the wine gave great stories and bits of information about what we were drinking. They even threw in a few extra pours of other wines that we were interested in! I’m no expert on wine but this tour gives you the opportunity to learn and form your own opinions and tastes. Just because it says the wine tastes like pineapple on a summer’s morning no one cares if all you taste is wine - it is not the least bit pretentious!
A wonderful picnic lunch was provided that we ate surrounded by stunning scenery. It was a really relaxing way to spend a day and a great way to enjoy wines without needing to drive or being restricted to tasting rooms in a town. The only thing that was missing though was rose – I am a real rose wine girl and there was only one to sample at Lincourt. That aside I still really enjoyed all the reds and whites that I got to sample!! If you have a day spare in the Santa Ynez or Santa Barbara area then I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was our second wine tour with Grapeline. The first one was a couple of years back and we were the only couple on the tour. This time was a Saturday and the bus was full. It was a bit of a pain having to endure about 6 different pick ups but we enjoyed the day again. The first stop was the best one of the day at Curtis winery because the guy there clearly loved his wine and gave an excellent presentation including behind the scenes. There was also a great wine and chocolate tasting combination. The other 3 stops whilst great could not live up to his enthusiasm. Lunch was in a lovely outdoor setting in one of the wineries. I recall lunch being a lot more generous last time. The sandwich provided was pretty small which was a shame because it was really tasty. Kris was our tour guide and she was very organised taking care of everyone's purchases. There were a few birthdays and anniversaries on board so she made a point of toasting them all. We really enjoyed our day. You visit 4 wineries in all and get to see a lot of the area during your travels. Whilst it is not cheap we would still recommend it.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was lucky enough to book Grapeline's Private Vineyard Picnic Tour for our 25 sales professionals & spouses on their Awards Trip to Santa Barbara in October because all participants had nothing but great things to say about it! Being local Californian's I knew they would be selective about the wineries & a hesitant about a bus tour. I was 110% satisfied with the flexibility and efforts of our tour consulant, Dana, setting up a gourmet picnic lunch with linens & a port & chocolate tasting at 2 of our requested wineries as well as tastings at 3 other wineries of our choice! She also provided a beautiful detailed handout of the tour schedule to get our guests excited about their trip. The driver/tour guide was so entertaining, funny & informative and made the driving just as much fun as the tastings! It was smooth sailing for everyone in & out of the wineries, and very very enjoyable. The work was effortless on my part & cost was so reasonable compared to trying to coordinate everything on my own. I would recommend the Grapeline Wine Country Shuttle for any kind of private tour or just for a fun thing to do for those who really love wine & wine country!
Cheers!