“Great breakfast”
Review of Cowgirls Cafe

Cowgirls Cafe
Ranked #213 of 693 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We needed breakfast and this diner was perfect. Nice local feel, friendly, good selection! All our food tasted great. Worth stopping if you're in the area, or need breakfast before your travels.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stopped in for breakfast prior to our late morning flight. It's one of those places that has the specials written on the windows so you can see them as you park. The inside is decorated with many pieces of western memorabilia. We were promptly seated and the server gave us time to check out the menu and make up our minds. They offer a number of breakfast specials, Mexican dishes, omelets, eggs, pancakes, and skillet dishes. I had the "fiesta skillet" which contained eggs on top of potatoes with steak, tomato, onion, olives, cheese, and avocado. I asked if the onions could be omitted, and it wasn't a problem. The server did explain that there would be onions in the potatoes. It came with a choice of toast or biscuit and gravy.

Servings were enormous and tasty. I could only eat about half of my food and the server did offer me a to-go box, but since we were flying cross country I declined.

It was apparent that a lot of locals frequent this cafe, as some ordered without even looking at the menu. They had tv monitors with keno on the screen. They are open for breakfast and lunch. If in the area again we will probably stop in again.

1  Thank UOtterTravel
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was looking for a nice diner to have breakfast, I did not want anything fancy just something simple and comfortable. They had great food, great service at a great price. My coffee cup was never empty!

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

With everything from a diverse menu offering really good food, super friendly atmosphere and an eclectic range of live music you can't go wrong at Cowgirls.
It's within walking distance of both the Plaza and the train station.

1  Thank Billy B
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a great place to grab a breakfast or brunch. great food, quick and friendly service,
food is amazing - burgers, omelets, pancakes, french toast. all great.
Be prepared - it is due for a remodel but is a quaint and homey place to have a meal.
they treat everyone like regulars!