“Jewish Deli in Orange County, CA”

Benjies Restaurant-Deli & Bkry
Ranked #27 of 681 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned for 49 years. New York style deli with a newly remodeled full bar, Avenue K. (8 TV's, Satellite and Dodgers games) Come check us out! Follow BenjiesNYdeli and AvenueKbar on Facebook and AveKBarOC Instagram. Follow AvenueKbar on Tap Hunter.
Villa Park, California
“Jewish Deli in Orange County, CA”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

As a transplant from NYC my craving for good Jewish deli was not met until I found Benjies. A "Carnegie Deli in Orange County. My favorit sandwich - the Benjie, pile high pastrami and cole slaw. Getting hungry just thinking about it. Also Patty Melts to die for. Free sliced kosher dill pickles, mixed 1/2 pickled & pickled. Service tends to be slow.

• Visited July 2011
4 Thank dr_elliott_brender

Long Beach, California
“A New York Experience in So Cal”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The Best Pastrami outside of NY.Great breakfasr too. Servers have been there forever greeting customers old and new. I moved from Sp Cal but go here everytime I'm in town.

• Visited May 2011
santa ana, ca
“just average”
Reviewed December 24, 2009

Went to Benjie's for the very first time after getting a recommendation from one of my neighbors.

Arrived shortly before closing.....didn't know that. We must have arrived around 8:15pm or 8:30pm.....they closed at 9pm and honestly we were not rushed......finished up right before 9pm.

We were seated pretty promptly. No one else was waiting.

As we were seated by a wonderful young lady, I think her name was Maria, she offered us drinks and the drinks were brought out promptly.

My waitress came shortly after and although her service was efficient, it was not that friendly. She was hardly rude, but not very embracing either.

She asked if we knew what we would like to order. My friend ordered the spaghetti and I asked for a moment. After a couple minutes, I asked for the Patty Melt. Both plates come over within 5 minutes.

My friend told me that his spaghetti was excellent. I did not taste it.....just a note however....it was a bit watery. It did have plenty of meat and a couple meatballs.

I had the patty melt and for my taste it was a bit bland. Not sure if it was missing anything, but after I spiced it up with a little Tabasco, it became great. The french fries were crispy, but looked a bit under cooked.....it did not come out golden brown and seemed to be a bit on the greasy side.....tasted fine however.

We did get refills on our drinks and the glasses hardly stayed empty.

The food did taste good enough for us to take home the leftovers.

1 Thank ocwarren
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great pickles and deli sandwiches.”
Reviewed March 24, 2008

Great pickles and deli sandwiches.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook