“Will be good after the renovation”

Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Surprise, United States
“Will be good after the renovation”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is in the middle of a much neede renovation. The location is very good for travelers, but if you can, wait until the renovation is complete. The lobby is currently being remodeled, so the check in desk is in the middle of the hallway. It can get very cluttered. Also, the noise from the check in area can get loud.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kevan W, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are looking forward to the completion of our renovation project. The newly redesigned breakfast area is open with a fresher and brighter look. The lobby is scheduled to be completed within the next few weeks. We would love to have you as our guest in the future to experience the finished product.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Canandaigua, NY
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The hotel was under construction in Feb 2014, the hotel staff did a great job under the circumstances. The bedrooms seemed cramped, it was divided into two room. The other part was spacious with a coach, chair desk and other ammenitites. getting a hotel in Orange County is not easy on short notice so plan a head of time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are very excited for our rennovation project and looking forward to its completion in the near future. Following the recent re-opening and re-design of the breafast area, the lobby will be completed in the upcoming weeks. I am very pleased with the compliment to the staff, I have shared your comments with them. We hope you choose to stay with the nextime your business travel needs bring you to the Orange County area.
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here based on price. Stayed on the second floor with a view of the street. Didn't hear traffic while sleeping but I heard the next door snoring by the shared wall. The bed was comfy and she sheets with a duvet cover that you could tell was washed were very clean. I usually do not touch other hotels comforters since they are not washed. The negative was there were no parking when we came back at midnight. The vallet parked our car but the next morning they lost someone else's keys. Glad it wasn't my keys! Overall it was a good stay considering they are under renovation. If the price is good we will probably be back.

Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback from your most recent stay. I am very pleased you found the bed very confortable and clean. The information you provided has been shared with my team so we may make improvements upon the areas you have highlighted. Should your travels bring you back to the Orange County area I hope you choose to stay with us again at the Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Had a great stay this past week. The hotel is situated next to the freeway in a hotel row next to Embassy Suites & Best Western so very easy to get to. The hotel lobby was undergoing a remodel so we entered through a side door but it was still hassle free. They have a small color sample of what their lobby intentions are, it's going to look beautiful once completed. I was also informed the rooms will be next after the lobby.

-Check in was a breeze, the staff was welcoming and polite. It must be a little difficult for them to be at a temp desk near the door when it's cold out so it's nice that they still greet with smiling faces.
-Our room was a 2 queen bed studio with a balcony. It was enough room to accommodate 4 adults plus an infant with the sofa sleeper. The beds were comfortable although if you move a lot the sheets are loud. There was a mini kitchenette in the room with a mini fridge and a microwave. This came in handy with the baby stuff. The balcony was a great addition, in the mornings we would sit on the balcony and enjoy the cool air along with our coffee. The bathroom was clean, nothing to report there.
-Breakfast was great, each morning there was something different. I'm guessing they rotate it so guests aren't getting the same thing daily. Once morning there was potatoes which are great along with eggs. The next it would be french toast sticks and the last day I think there was sausage and bacon or something like that. There was also the diy waffle makers which is one of the reasons why I love Hampton Inn. There were other options like fruit, yogurt, pastries, bagels and cereal. Great options and the staff was great on upkeep. The dining area was welcoming and bright with an entrance to the pool area out the back door.
-We needed to stop off at the store since we forgot a couple things. We took Dyer Rd. down to Bristol st. which was about a 5 min drive. There were plenty of shops including Target & Vons. We also stopped off at the Chick-Fil-A that was over there, never tried until then but that's another story.
-Like my title, Disneyland was only a 15 min drive which was our main vacation purpose, traffic was never an issue (surprising!) it was weekday too. Newport Beach is only a 11 min drive away which is awesome since the fog rolls in at night.

All in all a great stay, great staff, and great vacation.

Room Tip: book the balcony if avl
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to provide us with valuable feedback from your most recent stay. We are very excited for our rennovation project to come to its completion soon. I am very pleased you enjoyed the staff and the hotel as well as your time in Orange County, CA. I have shared your review with all my staff and have given them well deserved praise. We hope you choose to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport again should your travels bring you back to the area.
Santa Rosa, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The front desk staff could be more friendly and better trained. The rooms will be refreshed soon but are in a little bit of disrepair right now. No one monitoring breakfast much and it is in a strange place and not to comfortable but again, under renovation so be aware

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback from your most recent stay. We are patiently awaiting the completion of our rennovation. Our breakfast room is newly completed and the lobby will be done in the weeks to come. Please contact me directly at 714-556-3838 ext 195 with more details about the issues with the staff. Our goal is to always exceed expections. The feedback you have provided will be used to improve our guests' experience.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here over Christmas - renovations were a bit inconvenient but we knew about them in advance. Rooms were spacious mini-suites but should be next on the renovations list - a bit tired. Breakfast area was improvised and crowded - no problem, but the food was not up to expectations based on other Hampton visits. The main problem came right after the holiday - a big group came in, the hotel filled up and there was no place to park. At the front desk they just told us to leave the car and our keys and someone would park us for the night - not happening without a valet receipt etc. The cars were just jammed all over the lot - there just isn't enough places when the hotel is full, not even an adequate back-up plan. We finally were able to park but not without a lot of attitude from the staff. Probably would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms were all mini-suites, fairly quiet. Ours had a view of the pool which was nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites. The hotel is currently undergoing improvements. The breakfast area has since been completed and the lobby will be completed very shortly. The rooms are all suites and are being updated. I was disappointed to hear about your experience with the service provided at the front desk. I expect my staff and I to deliver 5 star service on a consistent basis. If you decide to return to the hotel please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure your expectations are exceeded.

John McIff
Washington
Reviewed February 20, 2014

It's midnight, we are exhausted from Disneyland, we get to the hotel and find it's being renovated. There is no parking. At the desk I tell them this and the valet comes and says he will handle parking our car somewhere. The desk clerk is apologizing to another couple about something. I should have asked what right then what their problem was. He asks my name and checks his monitor and asks if it is possible that instead of the 2 queen beds I could take a single king. NO, I have 4 people in my party. I definitely need the 2 queens. So he asks the valet who is standing nearby to go up and and make 414 ready. We wait 15-20 minutes. He finally comes down and says its ready. We go up - as I open the door I can see grapes strewn all over the floor and counters. We check the rest of the room - GROSS. Hair in the sink and tub! Pulled back the sheets - hair!! Nothing had been washed off - there were smudge marks on the tables and desk. Disgusting. It was as if the people had just vacated and the valet had been sent up to make it as presentable as possible. I go back down and tell the guy at the desk. The valet explains that when he was cleaning there was a bag of grapes in the sink and he must have grabbed the bag and a hole in the bag must have strewn them all over and in his haste he didn't notice. Well, the desk guy then explains to me that that is the only room with 2 beds in the whole hotel. They were overbooked and there is no housekeeping staff. So I ask for 2 rooms, both with king beds. No he can't do that either because they have 3 other parties coming in and he won't have rooms for all of them either. He says the king bedroom comes with a sofa bed. I go and check out one of the rooms. It looks presentable enough, so I ask the other members of my party who will have to sleep on that sofa bed if that will suffice. Not happily they agree. So does he take us back to that room - no he takes us to another room next to it. ???? Which when we start looking is not as bad as the first room but is also not the cleanest. It's 1am and we are too tired to argue. I don't know if this is standard procedure to overbook a hotel, but we want a full refund. We did not get what we paid for and they had no way of making it right. Half our party slept on a crappy sofa bed that was not comfortable at all. The only redeeming feature of this hotel is the breakfast - that is if you stay away from the powdered eggs. Otherwise the selection was one of the best I've seen for a complimentary breakfast. I wished we would have stayed next door at the Best Western Plus - I had vacillated between these two hotels when I was deciding. Wrong choice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AngelSonrisa
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. I was pleased to hear found the complimentary breakfast to be one of the best. I am however, very upset to hear of the all the shortcomings you encountered throughout your stay. This is not reflective of the five star service that we strive to consistently deliver to all of our guests and apologize for not living up to your, as well as our, expectations. Please know that I have followed up with my team to ensure these service failures do not occur again.

I have sent you an email with my contact information so I may resolve the situation to yur satisfaction.

John McIff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach
Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!