$95
$95
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$98
$87
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$119
$99
CandlewoodSuites
$119
Country Inn
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$83
$147
$112
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast arearoom was spaciousnewport beachwafflesfront desk stafforange countyexcellent stayfree parkingking bedeach morningeasy accesswould stay here againbusiness tripcoffee makersouthern californiaminute drive
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I usually am very pleased with Hampton, but this one is not up to standards. True, the lobby is being renovated so you check in by the garbage area, so it's not a great welcome. Getting past that, the room we had was a rather large suite, but the halls were over perfumed, so I had to wonder what the real smell was. Room was the same, so if your allergic to that sort of thing, beware. Room was OK, but showed its age, with vent hanging from one screw in the bathroom and sliding door in the suite needed painting.
I hate to be so negative about a Hampton, but for $135 a night next to the freeway, I expect a little more. On the up side, if you need to go to the airport, they have a free shuttle, and it is a 10 minute trip. There have got to be better options for you near SNA...pass on this one. May be better when the lobby is finished, but the rooms are going to need work, too.

Room Tip: I would make sure I was not near the renovated lobby as it is LOUD during the day.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vegasclint
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Vegasclint,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. The lobby is currently receiving a face lift and will be completed very shortly. To answer your question the hotel rooms are receiving a face lift as well. The hotel has been maintained to the highest standards and every staff member seeks to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. You are welcome to contact me personally to discuss your recent stay and to arrange your next stay so I may ensure all your expectations are exceeded.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Spent a night at this Hampton Inn in January.

Good stuff--Great room. Large, well appointed suite with living room, kitchenette, etc.

Bad stuff--the air conditioning unit was LOUD. Like a tractor. Upon walking into the room, I promptly turned it off. Otherwise, I never would have been able to sleep. Luckily it was winter, so it wasn't too hot nor too cold and the room was comfortable without the A/C.

Otherwise, what one would expect from a Hampton Inn--their standard brekkie, which is free and decent, professional service, pillow selection and a clean room and bathroom.

Completely suited my needs for a one-night stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay while at the Hampton Inn and Suites Orange County Airport/Santa Ana. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your stay.

I am glad you found the room spacious. Every room in the hotel is a suite. I am also glad you enjoyed the breakfast and found the service provided by the staff professional.

I know the goal of every member of the hotel's staff is to exceed your expectations and make your stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

A very pleasant stay. I booked two rooms for family members visiting relatives in Tustin in Orange County, CA. We arrived very late due to flights from three east coast/midwest locations to LAX and need to pick up rental car and drive to Orange County. The rooms were as advertised (king-french door suites) and were clean and comfortable. The only downsides were that I could not find the location of the room thermostat as the room was too hot--perhaps it was in the living room where one of my adult children was already asleep, and it would have been nice to have a bit more privacy--even a sheer curtain between the living area with the pull out sofa bed and the main sleeping area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thank John G. N

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Orange County Airport/Santa Ana location. I am so glad that your stay was an enjoyable one. I know every staff member of the hotel strives to exceed every guests expectations in an effort to make their stay as enjoyable as possible. The staff and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel is adequate for an overnight stay. Good location. Close to Irvine but not a super great hotel. The lobby was under remodeling so guests have to check in on the side door. The heater in my room did not work. I called for service and they never called me back for a status update. I was expectng a better service in OC area. The breakfast bar was okay. They got the basic food choices which I need. Oatmeal, boiled eggs, etc...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at the hotel. I am glad you found the complimentary breakfast provided all the choices you were looking for.

I am disappointed to hear there was no follow up after service was requested. I can assure you that we strive to make every guests stay an enjoyable one. I want hotel standards and service delivered to exceed every guests expectations. You are welcome to contact me personally to arrange your next stay and I will ensure a better experience.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I needed a one night stay near the airport. We both like the Hampton brand for the consistency you get across the country for business travel. This Hampton is in need of a facelift. The rooms are dark and the furniture dated. My room reminded my if my college dorm in the 1970s. This hotel doesn't have the boutique feeling you often get at Hamptons. Also, both of our rooms had a very large jacuzzi tub. While I appreciated mine after a long flight from the east coast, they are very tall and could be difficult to navigate if you have mobility limitations so you may want to ask for a standard shower. The lobby is getting a renovation (which we were informed of on the hotel's website), so hopefully the rest of the hotel will be following suit in the near future. On the very plus side, the staff were very friendly and efficient. We arrived late at night and they had us checked in quickly.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kevan W, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Our renovation project is making great progress. We are excited to have our lobby completed within the next couple of weeks. I am very pleased and thank you for the compliments to the staff. We pride ourselves on our service and exceeding expectations everytime.