Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
$112
$107
$97
  • Pool
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$70
$85
HolidayInn.com
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastliving areathe breakfast arearoom was spaciousfront desk staffthe sofa bednewport beachwafflesorange countyfree parkinggreat roomwould stay here againeach morningexcellent stayeasy accessrental carcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2008

We stayed at the Hampton for two nights on a weekend Disneyland trip. Our party consisted of my Wife, our two year old, and myself. I booked our room through the Hilton Honors site as a reward stay. We stayed at the Hampton down the street from Disneyland last year, and the quality of stay was consistent…we’d definitely stay here again.

Location: The Hampton is a stones throw from the John Wayne airport and about 10 miles from Disneyland. It is a fairly industrial area, grouped with a handful of other lodgings that mainly serve the airport. Not many places to eat in the vicinity. But overall it was a clean area.

Check In/Hotel Appearance: We arrived around 11pm and check in took less that 5 minutes. The employee checking me in was very nice and made sure everything I needed was taken care of. The lobby and hotel appearance was clean and well taken care of. Nothing looked old or worn out.

Accommodations: Our room had two rooms. The first having a sleeper couch, TV, work desk, a wet bar area with a small sink, fridge, and microwave. The second room had two double beds, an additional TV, and the bathroom. The room was surprisingly spacious. It had all of the normal extras such as a hairdryer, coffee maker. The water pressure was good and we had no problems with hot water. We also used the free wireless internet on our laptop and it worked well. Nothing to complain about here.

Extra Amenities: We didn’t use the pool or workout room. The breakfast at the Hampton is good. They advertise a ‘hot’ breakfast, but I think I’d call it a deluxe continental breakfast. The only hot items were egg and sausage patties to make a muffin sandwich. Otherwise it was the normal cont. breakfast faire such as muffins, bagels, fruit, juice, etc. Nonetheless we enjoyed the breakfast and its presentation was clean and well taken care of.

Overall we enjoyed the Hampton and would stay there again. If you’re looking to be right next to Disneyland or any other of the local attractions, this probably isn’t the right place for you. But if you’re willing to make a short drive, the lower prices might be worth it. We’d definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Toebus
Reviewed May 8, 2007

Hello! My family of 5 stayed here for one night while visiting family and spending the day at Newport Beach. The hotel itself is among many other hotels in the area. We liked this hotel because it had interior corridors and we prefer that over exterior. At check in it was very quiet, hardly anyone there. Check in was quick and easy and the front desk was pleasant. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The beds were nothing exciting just hotel beds but we all slept well. In the morning we went down to the breakfast room for the free buffet style breakfast. The served the usual, bagels, fruits, waffle sticks, sausage, cereals hot & cold, and toasts and muffins etc. It was very nice to go to in the morning. The gal there kept restocking the food items very quickly. We paid a fair price with AAA about $89.00 for the night. We liked the convenience of the hotel and the freeway entrance were so close. No noise at all from the freeway. We will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisalynn05
Reviewed October 24, 2006

We stayed here just one night, before flying out of Santa Ana to return home. The hotel was nice, and our room was very spacious and clean. The fold-out couch had no blanket, and it took about 1-1/2 hours before anyone brought one to the room, but that was really the only complaint. The breakfast was nice, with a good selection of items.

The hotel is only about a five minute drive from the airport, making it very convenient for those traveling.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank jaimeeg
Reviewed October 18, 2006

I would write to Hilton to say this, but their standard forms don't allow me to cover the 3 strikes:

1. I asked for no-smoking room and per the clerk, that is what I had. But I and other patrons on the same floor smelled cigarettes in the hallways and in our rooms. The clerk said she didn't know what to tell me. You would think management would know about the problem and resolve it. Doesn't seem so.

2. My room had a jacuzzi which was 24 1/2" to get into and 24" deep. I banged my knee trying to climb in. There was one grab bar. And the tub spiggot protruded about 12" from the wall - exactly where one needs to stand to get showered. I showered carefully as I was afraid of slipping, having nothing to hold onto and scraping my back on the spiggot. There was no other shower or washing facility provided in the room.

3. In the shower, I was about to use the bottle labeled "moisture," but didn't because I wasn't sure if I was about to put conditioner or body lotion on my head.

Hilton should think about the tired customer and make their facilities sensible if not sensitive. Obviously they have lost this customer.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank HumorMePlease
Reviewed July 11, 2005

We stayed here and have nothing but praise for the place. We stayed for one week. Our room had two comfortable queens and a sleeper sofa. Everything was neat, clean and in good repair. Room temperature runs on a program, which you can control for daytime, evening, and night. The beds were all comfortable. Counter space was limited in the bathroom for a family of four, but it still worked for us. The mini fridge in the room came in very handy for take out from local restaurants. The pool area was particularly attractive. The outdoor pool was great, as was the hot tub. Towels were available for swimmers. The breakfast available at the property was a real time saver. The food was average, but there was always plenty of it, and the breakfast attendant was always cheerful and welcoming. The front desk was responsive to all of our requests for maps and directions and always made sure to greet us with a welcoming smile. We had an issue with our tub draining on one day, but a call to housekeeping got it working properly again in no time. Most of the staff is bilingual Spanish/English.

The hotel seems to attract primarily business travelers, but works well for families as well. We were only a few miles away from Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Balboa, Disneyland, Knottsberry Farms, and a comfortable drive away from such destinations as Long Beach or Dana Point. Traffic in the entire area is intense and travel time can be long despite the relatively short distances involved. This would be true no matter what hotel you stayed at. The Hampton Inn and Suites was conveniently located next to I-55.

I had an issue getting a laptop to work (my software & encryption), but called a toll-free number from my room, was able to speak with a technician right away, and got connected in just a few minutes.

We found the hotel quiet, welcoming, and attractive and definitely give it the thumbs up! Booking well in advance of our stay we got two nights at about $90 and the remainder at $116. We felt we received a good deal of value for our money.

• Stayed: July 2005