All reviewscomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast arearoom was spaciousnewport beachwafflesfront desk stafforange countyexcellent stayfree parkingking bedeach morningeasy accesswould stay here againbusiness tripcoffee makersouthern californiaminute drive
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I was attacted by the price and location of this hotel for my business trip,

On check-in, I noticed how nice the looby is and thought this was quite a find. After check-in, I walked down the hallway to the elevator and it stuck me that they were a long way from the lobby. Much longer than usual. I was also surprised that the hallways were not nearly as nice and maintained as the lobby was.

As a honors gold member, my room (suite) was huge and well appointed. I was in room 302 and the internet was impossible to maintain. I was knocked off every 20 seconds or so. Not good for a business trip. My associate on the 4th floor did not experienced the same issue. My room could have been cleaner also.

All-in-all, this is a decent place and is relatively inexpensive, but becuase of the dim and worn common areas (except the lobby), I will probably not hurry back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Insist on a room close to a internet router hup with a strong signal.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
happytrails92705, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

WE appreciate the time to review our hotel and we take your views very seriously. We are in the process of renewing the hotel, adding new carpet and wallpaper and more, so by Jan 2012 you will see a newly rennovated property. We invite you back for a stay at our new and improved ALL SUITE hotel soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Everything was ok until 20 minutes later we noticed ants all over the bathroom. We immediately called front desk and they moved us room. We got to the new room and same thing except this time they were in the bar area. It was hard for us to even have a drink in the room because the ants come out no matter what. i would stay here again but i would look somewhere else first.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank val051680
happytrails92705, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Thank you for staying with us recently. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while here. We have taken your comments to heart to make sure there are no further problems. We will ensure that your next stay with us is more memorable for all the RIGHT reasons!

Reviewed August 19, 2011

This area has several hotels/motels to choose from - all on the same street, about 15 minutes from the OC Airport. We have stayed at most of them and this is the best. Free parking, decent serve yourself breakfast, in-room coffee and refrigerator, and all suites. Staff are exceptionally helpful. The draw back to this area is the #55 freeway that runs along the back side of most of the hotels, which gets really noisy if you want to sleep past 6 am. Hampton Inn is the most quiet and you can request a room on the "quiet side". There are also many sports teams that stay here because of the price, so I always request a room away from them. Great value if you have to stay in this area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lwallace001
happytrails92705, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay-we appreciate your very positive comments and will share them with the staff. We value your input and strive to ensure our guests enjoy our spacious suites and hearty hot breakfast buffet. WE loved having you here, please return soon :)

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Looks like a quaint hotel .Very friendly front desk made me feel like family greeted me by my name every morning .Stayed their 11 days.Seems like an older property but very clean.The housekeeper was on her knees scrubbing the elavator floor. Same free breakfast everyday so busy with kids just had cereal.Many restauants close by at the district in Tustin the Winery ,Blue Fish, Lucille's barbecue are the best. Also go to Old Orange if you like antiques.I have stayed here before and definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Bridgetpianos
happytrails92705, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Thanks so much for your kind remarks! The entire staff works very hard to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, so I will share this with our staff. It is good to know that our efforts are appreciated. Please come back and see us again soon...

Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed at this Hampton Inn from July 4-July 19. Our plans were fluid and the hotel staff was both receptive and supportive of changes that we had to make. Their service is impeccable! Everyone at this hotel is pleasant....not one grumpy person!! Their free shuttle service was invaluable and saved us a lot of cab fare and hassles. The staff was friendly and genuinely tried to make our stay pleasant. We would love to give names but would fear that we would forget someone....there were so many outstanding employees. The breakfast cooks, the housekeeping staff, the front desk and the shuttle drivers were all exemplary in performing their duties beyond acceptable standards. We travel a lot for business and pleasure and have stayed at Hampton Inns across the country but this hotel far exceeds the average Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thanks so much for your kind and complimentary review. We appreciate your time and business! We strive to make our guests welcome and comfortable and it's good to hear sincere appreciation. We loved having you here! Please come back soon...