We stayed there on a Friday and Saturday night in late June 2005. The hotel is located off of I-55, convenient to get on and off the highway. It is large 10-story hotel, attractive appearance. But it was disappointing in many regards.
For a relatively large hotel, the space allocated for the free Breakfast area was small. There were few tables to sit at. A $ restaurant in the hotel had a large amount of the floor space reserved for it. The breakfast service was slow, and the food wasn't up to the usual Embassy Suites standards. The bacon was burned and in clumps, small portions of potatoes were given, not even a full serving spoonful. (We don't think she understood any English).
At the nightly Managers Special, they offered some food, but there was such low lighting, I don't think people knew it was there. Plus there was a mop and bucket leaning up next to it.
The elevators were very slow, and parking was limited. It may seem picky, but the bottom sheets on the bed weren't fitted and would come lose and the mattress pad would shift, all uncomfortably in the middle of the night. So we didn't really get a good night sleep.
Over the years, we have stayed at Embassy Suites all over the country, it is our hotel of choice, and this was disappointing. Anyone looking in this area should consider the Garden Grove or Irvine Embassy Suites first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A gem among Santa Ana hotels, Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North features comfortable accommodations and a full range of thoughtful amenities. Located two-and-a-half miles from John Wayne/Orange County Airport, this all-suite hotel is located within easy reach of many Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Irvine, and Tustin area businesses and corporations. Relax in a two-room suite with a separate living area and enjoy amenities such as two large, flat-screen TVs, a microwave and WiFi access. Host a corporate meeting or special event at this Santa Ana hotel, offering more than 8,000 sq. ft. of versatile meeting space for up to 380 guests. Relax while expert event planners take care of the details and enjoy all the support you need for business in the 24-hour business center. Start each morning with a free cooked-to-order breakfast and savor complimentary drinks and snacks at the Evening Reception*. Indulge in classic American cuisine and sample delicious signature desserts at the Sweet Spot Sports Bar & Grille. Bathe in this Santa Ana, California hotel's soothing whirlpool or plunge into the heated indoor pool. Re-energize with an invigorating workout in the modern fitness center, get some work done in the fully equipped 24-hour business center, or explore nearby Santa Ana area attractions. *Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age. Parking: Self Parking is available to guest at $17.00 per night. Valet Parking is available to guests at $19.00 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North Hotel Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport CA