I am writing this review at 3:00 in the morning.
I checked in yesterday and the hotel looked OK. A bit old and dated but OK for a couple of nights.
The issue is that in their wisdom the hotel decided that they did not need to heat the building which includes all the rooms even if it is December and the outside temperature is in the low 40's.
I woke up at 3:00AM freezing. I called the front desk and learned that there was no heat in the whole building since when the engineer left earlier in the day it was warmer than 55 degrees...
The front desk can't get the heating going without the engineer...
Stupid answer. As if the engineer could not check the weather forecast and know that the night was going to be extremely cold!
So the net of it is that they can't heat the building or my room.
They send me a pathetic small heater that can't begin to heat up the room.
I am out of here and would advise anyone to never stay here especially in winter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A gem among Santa Ana hotels, Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North features comfortable accommodations and a full range of thoughtful amenities. Located two-and-a-half miles from John Wayne/Orange County Airport, this all-suite hotel is located within easy reach of many Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Irvine, and Tustin area businesses and corporations. Relax in a two-room suite with a separate living area and enjoy amenities such as two large, flat-screen TVs, a microwave and WiFi access. Host a corporate meeting or special event at this Santa Ana hotel, offering more than 8,000 sq. ft. of versatile meeting space for up to 380 guests. Relax while expert event planners take care of the details and enjoy all the support you need for business in the 24-hour business center. Start each morning with a free cooked-to-order breakfast and savor complimentary drinks and snacks at the Evening Reception*. Indulge in classic American cuisine and sample delicious signature desserts at the Sweet Spot Sports Bar & Grille. Bathe in this Santa Ana, California hotel's soothing whirlpool or plunge into the heated indoor pool. Re-energize with an invigorating workout in the modern fitness center, get some work done in the fully equipped 24-hour business center, or explore nearby Santa Ana area attractions. *Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age. Parking: Self Parking is available to guest at $17.00 per night. Valet Parking is available to guests at $19.00 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Santa Ana - Orange County Airport North Hotel Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport CA