Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
$106
$97
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotels.com
$90
$85
HolidayInn.com
Great 4.5/5
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$89
1,268 results
All reviewsevening receptionindoor poolmade to order omeletskoi fishlove embassy suitesnachosatrium areaomelet barliving roomorange countybreakfast staffcomplimentary breakfastnewport beachfree parkingbusiness centerbusiness tripjohn wayne airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel is an older Embassy Suites which is nice as it has the large atrium lobby. The room was large, clean and maintained. The reception was better than some I have seen at Embassy Suties and the breakfast was as to be expected for this hotel brand. The fitness center could have used one or two more elipecticle trainers and perhaps less treadmills.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This property is starting to show it's age, the rusted door frame in our bathroom, and the noisy A/C in our room, for example. The made-to-order breakfast was a great hit with my family, however. The staff was nice, but shockingly uninformed about local venues such as local restaurants, the beach, etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Time to renovate. Hotel is on a busy freeway so request a room on the non freeway side. Do not eat in the restaurant unless you like cardboard, a staff that makes you feel like you are a burden and you have no sense of smell. Front desk was efficient and helpful. The breakfast was a value and the staff at breakfast was courteous.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
PHild2312, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and found our breakfast staff to be courteous. We are, however, very sorry you were unhappy with our two-room suites and our restaurant food. The hotel has been working diligently to assure our guest rooms and restaurant menu meets the needs of all of our guests.We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest expeience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future and experience all of our new enhancements.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Once again, our family experienced a wonderful time at an embassy suites location. This time, we were in a pinch and needed to book something last minute as our friends place wasn't available. This location next to highway 55 near the Orange County John Wayne International Airport was available for the Sunday July 21 until checking out Tuesday July 23.
We had a room with two queen beds in one room, and the other room had a queen pull out. What was great is that we got to have a full made to order breakfast each day plus a reception in the evening before we went out for dinner.
And Newport Beach was just 20 minutes away. I would recommend going though to Corona Del Mar (you can park for free on the streets above the beach and once you walk down the stairs, there is a picnic area with tables and bbq sites where you can bring bbq coals to cook food, and just a 1 minute walk away is a protected cove and tidal pool area with a small beach. Its perfect to bring young children....anyways, back to the hotel, service was great, hotel very clean and the parking was FREE.
All in all, its a location I would definitely stay again.

Michael

Room Tip: rooms on the front have a better view. ask for a room in the first few floors if you want a nice balony :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

When I feel tired and old I want quiet comfort - not a hotel that is tired and old! I like Embassy Suites, but not so much this one. On the upside - the bed was comfortable and the towels were soft, even the standard Embassy breakfast was good. It went down hill after that. The first room I had faced E Dyer Rd and the freeway and the noise was constant and loud from the road. They did accommodate my move to a quieter side of the building on my third night, so then I was able to hear the people on each side and above me more clearly without the road noise to drown them out. Also, since the entry (with side windows) faces a mezzanine, I got to enjoy echoed voices at night and clanking breakfast dishes in the morning. Sooooo, if you are a light sleeper this is not the place for you.

Both rooms were very cold when I entered. I was able to turn off the a/c but the building controls heat/cold master settings so that I was not able to turn on any heat; I just had to wait a couple of days for the ambient temperature to rise as I put out the 'do not disturb' sign so the maid wouldn't come in and turn up the a/c again.

After showering, I discovered neither plug worked in the bathroom so that I had to dry my hair at the bar in the front room. The only switch in the bathroom controls both light and fan. The hair dryer was also old and tired, not heating or blowing properly.

The furniture was out of date, the lights were dim, the elevators didn't work properly...all in all I recommend a different hotel and save your Embassy stay for another city.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for the quiet side of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
PHild2312, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'd like to apologize for the noise issues that you encountered during your stay with us. When you come to a hotel you're expecting to get a great night's sleep and unfortunately we were not able to provide you with that. I'd also like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in your guest room. We have just completed a renovation of our guest suites, common areas and are working to modernize our elevators by end of year. Again, I thank you for your review and I'd love to have you back to give our hotel a second chance.