Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room was just great and comfortable. The evening Manager's reception was a nice perk and then breakfast in the morning made the value even nicer.. Love the hotel Atrium with all the water features and Koy fish ponds..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,220)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here one night on May 3-4, 2013. Read some of the negative construction reviews before I booked and I was definitely concerned. Yes there is a remodel in progress. They are painting and replacing carpet. If I didn't see the plastic on a section of the 8th floor and a few pieces of furniture by my room, I wouldn't have known there was a remodel going on. Bottom line, it's an Embassy Suites and the price is right, The place was clean and well maintained. The staff was helpful and friendly. They let me check in two hours early. Missed the happy hour but got in on the free breakfast. Breakfast was tasty with the usual Embassy staples. Food prep was fast and efficient. It took me less than five minutes to get through the omelet line on a Saturday morning! As a bonus, It's conveniently located near the 5 and 55 freeways and I didn't hear any freeway noise.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The lobby is very nice like many of the Embassy Suites. The wait staff was also very helpful. As a few have mentioned, a remodeling is in order for the hotel. I wish the bathrooms were a little bigger. Also, it is right next to the 405 highway so it can be rather loud even on the 6th floor. I would suggest asking for a room not facing the highway and as far away as possible from the busy highway. all in all it was a good stay

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank DaveA65
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Breafast Buffet was perfect each day. Great omlettes! The manager's reception each night, not just week days is a nice touch. The elevators run s...l......o...w. They were working on one of them so maybe they are working on all to make a bit faster. A nice touch was the indoor pool and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi has adult time only late at night too! Staff is good and accomodating. Beds are comfortable too. We will return to this one when in the OC area.

Room Tip: Really no bad rooms or locations
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. Everything was above my expectations, from the easy check in, the nice, clean and comfortable room to the complimentary happy hour and indoor pool and spa! The bed was comfortable and the room very clean. I was in town on business, but the relaxing night before made it feel like a short get-a-way!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've stayed at the Embassy Suites Santa Ana Airport North dozens of times in the last two years for work. They simply don't care about customer service. I arrived last night for a reservation at about 1:00am. I found the hotel had blocked off about 40% of their parking spots (empty) for ongoing renovations, and the rest of their spots were full. I went in to the front counter and was told "park wherever you can" and the young lady at the counter laughed. I told her to cancel my reservation and found another place to stay (look for my positive review of the Courtyard by Marriott on MacArthur shortly). The Embassy Suites frequently doesn't have sufficient parking for their guests, and it's worse during their long overdue renovations or when the hotel has banquet bookings in the evening. A "renovated room" consists of fresh paint and new carpeting only. The old furniture remains, including a sofa bed I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy as either a sofa or a bed. If the sun is shining in your room in the morning, the moth holes in the curtains will be plainly visible. On the plus side, the bed is very comfortable. The front desk staff and the restaurant staff are very friendly and helpful, and they acknowledge their frustration at management's incompetence in handling their parking issues and in the tired and unmaintained status of the property. I'm a Hilton HHonors Diamond customer, and many times last year I've needed a last minute room. Each and every time the EmbassySuites SNA Airport North told me "sorry - we're sold out" without so much as double checking. Last night after I gave up my room at the Embassy as I did not want to park my car illegally, I went to the Courtyard by Marriott on MacArthur. Despite the fact they were completely booked, based on my history as a "good customer" (which meant I had stayed there about 1/10th as often as at Embassy Suites SNA where they had never so much acknowledged me as a "good customer") they found me a room at a lower rate than I had ever payed all year at Embassy. The elevators at Embassy are slow as can be and at least one is almost always out of service. The heating/cooling system is very limited, and the hotel choses if it is in the hear or cool mode. You can only chose fan speed and temperature range. If the hotel is in cool mode and you want heat, or in heat mode and you want cool, you're out of luck.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FJSjr2
PHild2312, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your experience.. As you noticed the hotel is undergoing an extensive renovation that includes new carpet, furniure and curtains and beddiing. Throughout our renovation, it is often necessary that we utilize the parking area to stage or prepare items such as carpeitng. We have taken your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. The condition of our entire hotel is very important to us as we aim to provide guests with the best accommodations and service. The issue with the parking has been addressed and we are very sorry this led to uncomfortable stay at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. and get a chance to experience our new look.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel lobby is very nice, the staff was very nice as well. Upgrades to the hotel might include additional treadmills in the exercise room. Painting of the green roof / ceiling in the main atrium, lobby area, also upgrading the color of the elevators. Get rid of the outdated teal green, maybe black like the handrails?

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!