“Great deal for the $$”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Embassy Suites in general is a great place because of the breakfast in AM and drinks at nightafter a long day. We got this for $107 + room tax and Internet was included.

It was a good value. Plenty of good local restaurants and the staff was very helpful. I'd go back in a New York minute !!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Check-in and out was smooth and quick. Husband and I chose this location for our Disneyland trip to avoid kids and we weren't disappointed. I think we saw 2 kids all week. We could've stayed closer to Disneyland, but we wanted peace and quiet once we left the park and that's exactly what we got at the Santa Ana location.

The advertised comp breakfast hours differed from the actual hours, so we called daily to get the actual hours. On our later mornings, the staff started breaking down the hot food station 30 minutes before the end of breakfast. This wasn't an issue for us, but I thought it was worth pointing out to later sleepers.

We will stay at this Embassy Suites the next time we go to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Our room ended in 30 and that was the perfect distance from the elevators- far enough that we didn...
Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed here recently for family gathering/wedding and found the hotel to be a good value with breakfast included and cocktail hour too. Room was clean (but rather dark). Amazed at how quiet the room is since the rooms surround atrium where breakfast and cocktails are served. We heard no noise! Staff very professional and nice. (Bar closes early some nights however). Would stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I've stayed at the Embassy Suites Santa Ana a lot this year - 40+ nights, so I'm very familiar with this hotel. First, the good. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. There are flat screen TV's in both the living room and bedroom, but no pay per view movies. The staff is great. I like the lobby and the atrium. . The happy hour is typical Embassy Suites - not bad but they could mix up the appetizers once in a while. The restaurant is not bad but a little pricy. Parking is usually not difficult. The internet service works well in most rooms, but in some it's a weak signal, particularly in the bedroom. As to the bad, I have just a few complaints. The main thing they need to do is replace their (dark) carpeting. There's a damp smell in many of the rooms. Lighter carpet would also brighten up the rooms. The bathrooms are tiny, particularly strange since the rooms are huge. The sofa beds are pretty tired and in need of replacement, some of them aren't even comfortable as couches much less beds. The one time I slept on the sofa bed it was terrible. Finally, the elevators. They are terrible and slow. I've watched the elevator bypass me when I had the button pressed. I've also pressed the button and then it just goes off all by itself with no elevator showing up. The stairs are locked from the main floor so even if you're staying on 2 you have to use the elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. Some rooms also have an extra sink and dressing area in the bedroom...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank FJSjr2
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I am embarressed to say I choose this property based on rate. OC can be expensive. I got less than I paid for. When your done with my review browse the others. Look for a couple of recurring themes. Slow elevators, check. Large rooms, check. Potential for road noise, check.
To be fair I didn't experience any odors, never got on the internet but as a Hilton Diamond level customer I can tell you this property misses the mark. I was disappointed to find so many responses from management saying they will fix this or fix that. Well at the end of October your elevators still suck. My Hilton profile asks for a room away from the elevator and you gave me one directly across from an elevator.
Imagine my suprise when I entered the shower in the early morning only to find the detachable handicap hand held showerhead jammed in the grab bars. No way to utilize the shower head hands free. Really, did the housekeeper not notice?
Do yourself a favor and skip this property until they can post 10 Excellent reviews in a row. My next letter will be to Hilton, something I have never had to do.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Jonathan F
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Had a great trip here, the hotel was really nice inside with nice trees . The breakfast was a plus and the chefs were really nice. We also enjoyed the managers reception. Would recommend to family and friends

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We needed a hotel for one night while we were traveling to Orange County for a tournament for our sons. I like to book a 1BD suite for our family of 5 and Embassy suites had a great 1BD suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch in the living area. The breakfast was good, a lot of options and an omelet bar-made to order. You can tell that it is not a new hotel, but it has a nice decor and was clean. The beds were comfortable. The staff is very friendly, however we had called earlier in the day about availability of port-a-cribs for our youngest and we were told that they would put one in our room for us. It was not there when we arrived, but with one call to the front desk they brought it to us.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!