All reviews stayed here front desk room was clean would stay here again nice hotel quality hotel pool area higher floor onsite restaurant business hotel huntington beach free wifi hotel is located mini fridge bit dated musty smell hot tub
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

I am at this hotel, which is in Santa Ana, right now. My husband booked it after I had asked him to book the Marriot Courtyard in Irvine. He tried to change the reservation a few minutes later, and Marriot refused, so we are stuck here. It is an industrial area of Santa Ana, surrounded by mattress outlets and fast food chains. It is 4.7 miles from Costa Mesa, so not sure why it's called Costa Mesa. It is almost 7 miles from the beach. Very disappointed... Think carefully before you click confirm, because there is no going back if you made a mistake. Their customer service is unforgiving.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Amber S
CYSCM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with our location. We are conveniently located at the border of Santa Ana, Costa Mesa and Fountain Valley in a very quite area. I don't see a record of your stay, but perhaps it was in a different name. You didn't comment at all about the hotel, so I assume it was much more pleasant than your initial reaction from our parking lot. Now that you know more about this actual hotel and the staff within the hotel, I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I stayed here for 2 nights and had no issues. Lobby and guest room were very clean. Check in process was easy. I did mobile check in and my room key was ready when I arrived. Although I requested a room close to the elevator, my room was located at the very end of the hallway, furthest from elevator. Housekeeping staff was very friendly. Not sure why they charge $10/night for parking as the area seems to be industrial/business parks.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rlm_travelers
CYSCM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell about your experience. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. I would like to clarify that we have 2 elevators on property, so no one is every very far from the nearest one.
In an effort to keep our parking lot just for our customers, and not for the other businesses around or the concert hall across the street, we implemented the need for parking passes, which do come with a small fee. Our security team helps to maintain that integrity and the security of our lot for all of our guests.
Thanks again for your comments, and I hope you'll visit again.

Reviewed June 15, 2017

We stayed here for a night recently and could not find a good night sleep.
Hotel is nice, room is nice and clean, lobby is all new, staff was friendly. The only problem was a huge group of people that stayed at the hotel with a bunch (around 30) of kids, that went all in at the pool till 10PM and after that kept the party going in the walkways of the hotel. Talking to those people and complaining at the reception did not change anything. It was super loud until 11:30PM and it started getting super loud again at 1:30AM. We had to get up at 6AM as we had a sports event....

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andi B
CYSCM, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2017

Dear Andi,

I am so sorry to hear about the noise you encountered from other guests. There was a sports team that apparently did not follow the quiet after 10pm rule. We do have security on duty and do our best to keep people quiet after hours. I'm sorry that this didn't happen in this case. I hope that you can try us again when there is not a tournament in town, to see what the hotel is really like. Thanks again.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Our team stayed here for a softball tournament. The hotel itself wasn't bad. We had a king bed with a sofa sleeper for a family of 3. Once the bed is out there's not much room for anything else. The pool is small but the kids had a great time. There are a lot of stores/restaurants nearby so there are plenty of options for eating or shopping if you forgot something (i.e. Target, RiteAid, etc.).

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank 815lashawns
CYSCM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

Clean, comfortable and... it's a Courtyard! Predictable quality and conveniences. Staff was pleasant and the room was enjoyable. Bed was wonderful and the snack bar was well-stocked. Conveniently located in the heart of Orange County.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business