Courtyard by Marriott Costa Mesa South Coast Metro
$130
$107
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$70
$94
HolidayInn.com
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
All reviewsstayed herefront deskroom was cleanindustrial locationwould stay here againnice hotelmodern lobbycosta mesahigher floorlounge areaonsite restaurantbusiness hotelfree wifieasy access to the freewaynewport beachhotel is locatedminute drive
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The room was clear, the bed was comfortable, and the few staff members that I interacted with were helpful. My stay was a quick business trip: I arrived late in the day, slept, had a small breakfast at the coffee shop in the lobby (I Starbucks if I remember correctly), and left early the next morning. Nothing was "WOW," but that's not what I was looking for. I wanted quick and easy, and that's what it was.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
snasa, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I am confident we will be able to deliver the "WOW" factor on your next visit.

Donia

Reviewed December 17, 2013

It's a fairly typical Courtyard. No deal breaker problems, but not stellar either. Fine for all practical purposes. Usually there is a small mini fridge in rooms at Courtyards, not in my room here.
The room had a little bit of an old, dank smell. Not oppressive but certainly not great.
Staff was nice and professional. Especially housekeeping, My room was missing a luggage stand, when I tried calling the front desk twice with no answer either time. I walked out into the hallway and the housekeeper busy cleaning a room, found an extra one in a room and gave it to me.
(you can judge for yourself about them not answering the front desk phone at 3:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday, I let it ring at least 8 times each attempt).
Not very pleased that they've removed the whirlpool to move the fitness room closer to the pool . I'm sure most people might like it, I'm not a fan.
One issue I noticed is that doors sound as loud as thunder claps. Not sure whether it's just guests slamming the doors or that the construction of the property is substandard where you can hear everything going on. I did also clearly hear conversations outside in the parking lot while I had the TV on. So I am leaning towards the latter.
WiFi was slow, as were the business center computers. This is probably my biggest complaint.. as many people are here for business and need the WiFi working well. Overall fine, not the worst by far, and not the best.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tracy Z
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Good location, great prices and friendly staff. The coffee/breakfast bar is awesome with very friendly staff. The only annoying thing (which probably applies to all hotels) is the their overpriced items at the 24 hour market. I took a bottle of water and nyquil and I got slapped with a $12 charge.

Would stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel relatively close to the freeway. Got a great same day rate after arriving in the OC.

The room was well appointed, the hotel had a nice pool area and the hotel seemed really quiet while we were there, which was excellent.

Staff who assisted us during check in and checkout were very pleasant to deal with. If we're in the area in the future, we would stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I'll start by saying this was the best outdoor pool setup I've seen! The actual courtyard and pool area are awesome- the pool is huge and the hot tub is lovely and located in a very nice gazebo. The bistro was good as usual (fee for breakfast like all Courtyards). The rooms need some refreshment- a little cramped and they feel a little on the old side. Overall, not a bad property but there is some room to improve.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business