“Pretty good”

Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I'll start by saying this was the best outdoor pool setup I've seen! The actual courtyard and pool area are awesome- the pool is huge and the hot tub is lovely and located in a very nice gazebo. The bistro was good as usual (fee for breakfast like all Courtyards). The rooms need some refreshment- a little cramped and they feel a little on the old side. Overall, not a bad property but there is some room to improve.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked this hotel for a concert in LA,preferring to stay in Orange County.I always try to book a Marriott as they rarely disappoint,and this one was no exception.Very nice ,very clean,great staff and good parking.As usual we prefer a top floor and we stayed on the fourth floor.The area was a little industrial which means it was very quiet at night,even daytime wasn't very noisy.We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Like we did,the best is a top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I think this is a solid 4 out of 5 - not sure what the issues were from earlier lower ratings but I guess some things were improved.

Location is great, just off the beaten path from the hectic South Coast Plaza area but still close enough to be convenient. Right on the border of Costa Mesa and Santa Ana, but feels relatively safe being surround by mostly corporate buildings. A good value for the price.

The guy at the front desk was efficient and polite. Lobby area had free popcorn and free iced cucumber water available near the Bistro which is a nice touch.

I think a lot of people requested upper level rooms away from the elevators, since a whole bunch of guests were jam packed into my end of the floor, and the hotel couldn't have been more than 1/4 occupied. Due to poor construction, I heard everything from everyone - all the hallway noise, doors slamming (very loud - you'd think people would have some courtesy to close their doors a little softer), and I heard everything room the unit next to me - the guy coughing/clearing his throat, conversations, TV noise, plumbing noise, drawers closing - everything. Very thin walls.

Other than the noise, I had a quiet experience once everyone went to bed. I was on the fourth floor facing the pool so no outside noise all night - lots of landscaping and garbage truck noise in the morning though.

I must say the bed sheets were the freshest I've experienced in a while from a Marriott branded property - I've stayed at a half dozen recently and there was always some musty smell or head smell. The linens were fresh and clean which was nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, away from the elevators, facing the pool - but make sure you're not jammed...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here two nights for business and I wish I would have stayed another 5 nights. This hotel is very clean and the staff are friendly. Staff memeber named Ho was very helpful with checking in. I would definitely recommend this for business and vacationing travelers. It's very close to Disney and Knotts. Also it is about 10-15 minutess north of Newport and Huntington Beaches.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Qutihp4lyf
Reviewed September 2, 2013

While off the beaten track a bit, this Courtyard is not a disappointment. The rooms were clean and the staff was super friendly. Even the the little Bistro downstairs was clean and the food prepared fresh!

Room Tip: My husband is 6'8 so we need LARGE beds, the Queens are true Queen sized beds!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were going to Pagent of the Masters, and stayed here because of convenience and price. The rooms were clean, good size and comfortable. It was easy access to the freeway. The area was quiet, but there were plenty of restaurants nearby. We went up to Downtown Disney one morning and that was an easy drive. Would consider staying there on my next trip to Disneyland. And Jared at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. He represented the hotel well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I gave my daughter a gift of a night at this hotel while she was attending a wedding. It was freshly decorated, new lobby, and best of all, a very friendly staff. The staff went out of their way to provide a nice experience for this visit.

Room Tip: They all seemed to be very pleasant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Costa Mesa Marriott
#8 of 23 in Costa Mesa
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County

Been to Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro? Share your experiences!