Courtyard by Marriott Costa Mesa South Coast Metro
$107
$97
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$70
$85
Travelocity
All reviewsstayed herefront deskroom was cleanindustrial locationwould stay here againnice hotelmodern lobbycosta mesahigher floorlounge areaonsite restaurantbusiness hotelfree wifieasy access to the freewaynewport beachhotel is locatedminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed here for 2 weeks during a business trip. The room was clean and standard for a courtyard room. Almost all rooms that are facing the garden & pool area have a balcony with a few chairs and a small table. The pool & garden area is pretty nice with a lounge corner, several sets of chairs/table on the grass, palmtres and some small banana plants. Pool looked ok, was too cold for me to swim. Jazcuzzi is on the side in a covered / semi open area. Disappointing I found that there was no normal restaurant / breakfast buffet in the hotel.. Just a small snackcounter where small snacks at night and some breakfast could be bought. So not included in your room. Free wifi and a modern lobby with a sitting area. The 'gym' consists of 3 machines cramped in a small room. With the 'spa' I guess they refer to the jacuzzi. Nice hot water though. Free parking but the hotel is a bit in an area with just companies and offices, ideal if you have to be there, otherwise not too inviting maybe.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank PELOWELOMAN
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed two nights at this Courtyard as a "base of operations" for our jaunts to Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, Palm Springs, Carlsbad, and the beach. We received a quiet room on the far side of the hotel. It was clean, adequately sized for a family of four, and met our needs. Free wired and wireless high-speed internet was a nice feature, one I've really come to expect these days (and yes, the high-speed internet really was high-speed). The room was equipped with a large flat-screen TV which was a welcome feature for my teenagers.

I was able to print my flight boarding passes at the hotel's business desk area without issue, and received a complimentary USA Today newspaper.

The only critique I really have of the hotel is with the restaurant/breakfast area. The menu was basically a la carte (no buffet), and the prices were too high in my opinion. You're really paying extra for the convenience. Otherwise, you will need to run down the street to the nearest Carl's, McDonald's, Denny's, etc....

Room Tip: Request a room away from ice machines & doors
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MiddleTennessee
Reviewed October 9, 2010

The hotel's street address is on Harbor Avenue, one of the main streets immediately adjacent to Disneyland. So I got off of the freeway at Disneyland and followed Harbor Avenue to the hotel, which was some distance. It was actually outside of town, adjacent to an industrial area. This was fine for our purposes, as we stayed for only one night and needed a place to sleep. Because of how the recession has affected the nearby industrial area, Marriott has made it less expensive to stay at this hotel than previously, which is why we tried it. I'd be happy to stay there again next time I'm traveling through Southern California.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roddin
Reviewed August 13, 2010

This Courtyard was shoved in a location that was hard to find. The lobby was old and the rooms were also old, dusty and dirty. It was only a one night stay so I tolerated it. I will not use this hotel ever again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank GaryKlimeck
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I arrived at 8am on a Monday and found I was too early for the IBM class I had to take. Daniel at the front desk allowed me to check in at 8 in the moring! That completely surprised me. He continued to provide fantastic service to me for the remainder of the week including remembering my name. The hotel is very nice and the pool is great. I enjoyed my stay there. Comfortable beds, fluffly pillows, etc.

Complaints? There buffet for $12.95 is a joke. They serve a great variety of cold eggs and even colder sausage or what appearded to be french toast. I ended up at the IHOP down the street for $7.

The hotel is a bit out of the way, but nothing major. It's about 3 miles to the major mall and there are great sushi restaurants nearby. Also try a place across the street called 8 Steers. Terrible name for a place with a great scallop dinner.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business