“Very convenient”

Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel was nice!!! I love how close it is to the airport!!! It met all my requirements for travel!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
AFOMLeahS, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

We are glad to have been able to make your stay a great one! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Please join us again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

This hotel is undergoing some renovations; initially we were placed in a room that smelled terribly of cigarettes, but they kindly moved us to a renovated room that was very clean. the location is not good - there is absolutely nothing within walking distance, and upon arrival we were approached by a stranger in the parking lot who was asking us for gas money. The hours of operation for the hotel kitchen for breakfast and lunch are very limited so be prepared to dine out; although the kitchen is open fairly late into the evening. The staff were very nice. The room was very clean but the bed was of poor quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Love2Travel26x2

We are so sorry to hear that your stay was not up to the standards that we pride ourselves on having here. We are just finishing up our "upgrade" to our rooms, including upgraded amenities in our new upgraded room types, larger TV's, new and updated decor, and new furniture.

We are also 100% non-smoking and unfortunately sometimes guests do not adhere to that. We do a proper follow up procedure with those rooms before anything else occurs.

There is also a shuttle service we provide that runs from 5am - 11pm, within a 3 mile radius to local restaurants, malls, businesses and the airport. It needs to be scheduled, but we are more than happy to accommodate any needs you have when you stay with us.

We welcome you back to stay with us and hope that we will have the opportunity to change your mind the next time you are back in town!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

This is my Go To Hotel when I have an early flight from John Wayne Airport. The added benefit is that I can park my car there for the week on their special rate and take the shuttle to the airport in the morning. I have found the staff is always superb and the shuttle is always on schedule as well. It is an awesome option if you are vacationing and parking a car and live an hour away. I go in for the night, have a nice somewhere and don't have to stress out about an early flight. The parking is an added bonus becuase parking at airport lots is expensive if travelling for vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, the highway can be a little noisy in some of the rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My company hosted a gem and mineral show at this hotel in November. We made a lot of unusual requests and demands on the hotel staff, and their response was amazing. They anticipated our needs, and responded promptly to all our requests. The condition of the hotel was beautiful, very nice amenities in the rooms - refrigerator, microwave, and flat-screen TV. Food in the restaurant was also very good. I stayed for 5 nights, and have no complaints at all!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
AFOMLeahS, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

West Coast Gem and Mineral Show - we love hosting your event! It gives us something to look forward to and a sense of excitement fills the hotel. We are so glad you have had the chance to see our hotel go through the beautiful upgrades we have done to our property and thoroughly enjoy the positive feedback we receive from your vendors. Looking forward to hosting you again in May!

Reviewed November 7, 2011

For one month, I traveled to Santa Ana California for 4 weeks. I made reservations to the Holiday Inn. I must say that the service I received was by far the best service I have ever had.

I personally travel allot and I am big on feeling at home in an establishment. It was enough of an impact that I remembered most of the staffs names and am forever going to remember the hospitality they gave me. Leah, one of the managers made me feel like I had known her for years. Ashley, Jesse, Nazario and Lawerence made sure that transportation was never a bother for me. Lastly Khalid and I were able to talk politics to a point that made me feel like I was still in West Virginia with my family.

I would recommend this staff above any 6 star resort and will make sure next time I return to California, they will be the first hotel I call.

Thank you all for helping me feel like a country boy, in the big city. :)

Room Tip: You want to get a room at pool side.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

We are so lucky to have been given the opportunity to have you stay with us for so long! The pleasure was definitely ours. We cannot wait for you to come out and experience our hospitality again with our Holiday Inn family, so we can make you feel like home... even across the country.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I just spent 2 weeks at the Holiday Inn Orange County Aiport. For a Road Warrior a hotel can either help a trip or contribute to a disaster. I have nothing but praise for this hotel. My room was nice with microwave and refrigerator. From the shuttle driver to front desk people were nice and helpful. Every single person that worked there gave a greeting in the hall. The ladies who worked in the bar were outgoing. The restaurant servers were friendly. There was a full breakfast each morning with almost anything you could think of asa choice- cereal, fruit, yogart pastries and then hot eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, pancakes or French toast. There is not an abundance of restaurants within walking distance, but the shuttle would take you almost anywhere you wanted to go. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: There are small patio rooms by the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

We are so delighted to see that you had such a wonderful time with us! We truly enjoy welcoming everyone to our property and making sure that even "road warriors" such as yourself, have a memorable stay with us every time. We cannot wait to have you back and to make another great impression on you!

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Went on vacation with my wife and stayed at this OLD hotel because of proximity to a friend's place. During our first stay, the room was generally fine however finding a live cockroach in the bathroom gave my phobic wife a big scare. The receptionist at the time said it was the first time they had any pests and promised to spray the room for insects.

We went away for a couple of nights to another city and returned for our second spell at the same hotel arriving at midnight. There was no one to help with the bags and I had to get a trolley and load it with all the bags myself. As soon as we opened the room door, we were greeted by a dead mouse in the middle of the room. Upon informing the receptionist, the lady said it was the first time they had such an incident and said she will try to find another room non-chalantly as if this was a "normal" thing to face. There was only one available room, that required a 10 minutes walk from the lobby, which again I had to push my luggage to. Even though it was supposed to be non-smoking, the room smell was "smoky, stale, and stenchy". My wife called the reception to have housekeeping check the room for pests and cleanliness but the lady just mentioned that they don't do that and hung up the phone on her. The bathtub had pubic hair so ultimately I told my wife that we should look for another hotel.

After pushing the luggage back to the lobby, I told the lady to call the manager but she simply said: "I don't want to disturb her." I told her that the manager needs to come to the hotel immediately to resolve this problem of no proper room availability where my Ambassador status with IC hotels seemed completely irrelevant to the hotel staff. I informed her to cancel the booking and was able to book at candlewood suite hotel nearby for 3 nights but not for the night as it had already passed midnight. Finally, a caring person called Khaled showed up, said that he was very sorry to what happened to us and that the manager offered 1 night on the hotel expense at another hotel. The hotel was trying to find below-par hotels in the neighborhood but they were all full. I told him that there was no other than the hilton at 150$ a night and the manager agreed to pay for only 1 night! In such a situation, I would have expected the hotel cover my entire 4-night stay but were too cheap to do so.

In the end, it was my worst stay ever at a hotel and would not recommend it to anyone. Khaled turned out to be the only decent staff who cared enough to help us.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irvine John Wayne Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!