“a very average at best, but more of a dissapointment...”

Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The building looks decent from outside but once you come inside, you can tell the wear and tear. It seems like the entire building has been somewhat affected by an earthquake since there are so many uneven/craked floor surface. The carpets looks old and dark. There is no smell stale yet, but it's getting there.

For $120/day, the breakfast was dissapointing. Each morning something was always wrong with the breakfast. First day, the hot water for tea was luke warm. The second day, no waiter/waitress came to serve. So I had no coffee. Third day, some of the breakfast items were empty. I stopped going to breakfast and bought my own for the remaining 4 days. It was dissappointing to say the least.

They do have a small gym, self-pay laudry room, a small pool, and other ammenities. Value wise, I would only say it's worth half the price they're charging. Of all the Holiday Inn Express I've been to, this one is the worst in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank spearfishmarine
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The room we stayed in was clean and there was ample parking. Lots of places to dine and shop nearby. Was disappointed that it did not have free breakfast to start our day. We ended up spending $30 for breakfast. Breakfast was ok although the staff did not offer a kids meal which was free...gave us a regular menu so ended up paying...we did not know it at that time but they did. Will look for another hotel next time....for the price we paid it should have had a free breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank axela14
HolidayInnSantaAna, Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

We are very proud of how clean and convenient our hotel is and appreciate your comments. I will certainly speak to our restaurant servers about making sure to offer kids menus when an adult is purchasing a meal. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Friendly staff and inviting if small lobby area. The benefits for Priority Club members are more generous than many Holiday Inns offer, so you don't have to be a platinum-level member to enjoy a good complimentary breakfast and relax with a beverage in the evening.

Rooms were large with a respectable work space. The only negative on the room was in the bathroom - the toilet paper is placed oddly far from the toilet. A child wouldn't be able to reach. Nicer toiletries.

Adequate fitness center with a selection of cardio equipment.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
AFOMLeahS, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and the benefits of being a loyal Priority Club member! I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

The room was very clean, but there was a smell coming from somewhere, but I couldn't identify from where. It wasn't overly strong, really only noticible when you entered the room. The bathroom was very clean, new all around. Very friendly staff all over. Some rooms are very far from the lobby, long hallways, so try to avoid that. If there's a busy convention going on in the hotel, there isn't enough parking. Restaurant food was very good and large portions. Overall a good place to stay, comfortable bedding, good cable t.v.. I just wish I could have identified the minor smell.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
AFOMLeahS, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Orange County Airport. Thank you and we hope that the next time you are in town that we can have the opportunity to accommodate you again!

Reviewed April 8, 2011

I was only at the hotel a few hours, I checked in late and left the next morning to catch an early flight. The staff was friendly and polite. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. As a priority club member I was given a coupons for free breakfast, a free drink, as well as a discount for dinner. If I have business in the area again I'll be staying here for sure.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
HolidayInnSantaAna, Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay here at Holiday Inn Orange County Airport. Thank you and we hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2011

Although a previous stay at this hotel was acceptable, my most recent stay was a bummer. Got a couple of letters notifying that they would be testing fire alarms at 10:00. Unfortunately, what the letters failed to warn is that the testing would continue until 15:30. I returned to the hotel at 12 to find that my room hadn't been cleaned and despite asking for it to be cleaned, it wasn't. Actually the room was never cleaned that day.

The clincher was waking up the next morning to a cold shower just before leaving for a 24 hour trip to Europe. Although one of the front desk staff was helpful in trying the water in two other rooms, alas, no hot water was to be found in the hotel, and of course there was no attempt at an emergency call to maintenance. Traveling in the third world, one expects a cold shower once in a while, but definitely not at a holiday inn in California during winter! To top it off, wrote a complain letter to the manager and over a week later, she hasn't bothered to reply.

Oh, I should probably mention that the fitness room was also unavailable that day...

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank lindadavrath
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I booked this hotel for the night of January 15th, 2010 and it was definitely a good choice. My friend and I had planned to wake up early the next morning to go to the Orange County Swap Meet and this hotel is about 2-3 exits away. We were there before we even realized it!

The beds were comfy, not as comfy as beds I would be accustomed since I prefer my beds super soft, but my friend thought his bed was the best he had ever slept in. The hotel doesn't have many frills, though there is a restaurant and I believe room service available. There is a pool but since it is January, we didn't even go to check it out. Free internet is available also and that is always a plus in my book.

The hotel desk people were friendly when we checked in and I do have to say a concern of mine would've been the fact that there were many kids staying on our floor but we didn't even hear them once we closed the door to the hallway.

This is a great hotel if you need to get to the Orange County Swap Meet quickly and the beaches are a few minutes away driving-wise. We were able to visit Newport Beach and Huntington Beach in no time from this hotel.

I would say stay at this hotel if you were like a good central point in Orange Country to stay at although I would just make sure you do have a vehicle to get where you need to go.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
HolidayInnSantaAna, Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time be sure to try our Panini Restaurant and Lounge. Also, our pool and spa are open all year long and are heated to a very comforatable temperature. Hope to see you again! Don't forget the Orange County Fair next summer. We even have a daily shuttle for the fair.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irvine John Wayne Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!