“DO NOT STAY HERE I REPEAT DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!DO NOT USE A DEBIT CARD”

Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed July 14, 2010

I thought I really did my homework on this hotel but I was very wrong.... but here I am writing a review to save you from the problems I have experienced! First of all HUY TANG should be fired he is the rudest most unprofessional manager I have delt with in my life wow he is a piece of work!! I paid for my room in full and the hotel charged my card everyday random amount and all Huy could say is that was the way the system works but could never explain. It turns out he just told me some bull to get me out of the lobby and told me it would be refunded and i have now been home for 2 weeks and still have not been refunded 225.00 they took off my card I called Huy Tang and he was very rude again amagin that and told me it was not his problem and refused to give me the owner of this property Mascot Managements number....why cuz he would be fired on how many complaints he gets! BOTTOM LINE DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank seaworld1
BestwesternSantaAna, Manager at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stay here at least twice a year and love value! Because it's not right next to Disneyland, it doesn't have the manic summer crowds that we'd experienced in Anaheim. With comfortable beds, a beautiful pool area, a good breakfast, and an excellent staff, it has everything we need, and for an amazing price.

When I checked in this last time, I was given a room on the first floor. "Oh," I said, "I usually request the top floor." "I"m sorry," was the reply, "I usually ASk about that!" He quickly and cheerfully gave me a 3rd floor room instead.

I like the hot breakfast system: there are always 3 or 4 choices, which you order by number. In a very short time the food is ready and is delivered to your table. Available also are pastries, fresh fruit, cereal, toast, coffee, milk and juices. The hot option always consists of eggs, meat, and a choice of hash browns or pancakes/waffles.

We will be returning in August, and will be spending another week at this Best Western. It just feels like our OC home.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 30, 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our 11 year old son to visit Disney. The hotel has convenient shuttle service from the airport if you need it. The room was a bit small, but it was clean and only a 10 minute drive to Disney. Nothing special, but the staff was friendly and we only paid 79 a night with AAA.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed April 30, 2010

I stayed 3 nights at Best Western (Orange-county). The best thing about this hotel is that they have both Wired and Wireless internet access in the rooms. This was basically the single-most important thing for me. Their internet was fast (about 1.4 Mbps), which is a pretty standard speed for cable/dsl. I got the same speeds using their ethernet cable (which is already provided in the room) as using the wireless. My computer is pretty bad at picking up wireless signals since it's old, but I had no problem since the wireless access point was literally right under the desk! One night the internet did slow down (probably because of many people using the same connection), but it was still the best internet experience I've had at a hotel (to be fair, I've probably never stayed at more than 3-4 star hotel).

Otherwise, the hotel was pretty standard and nice. My only complaint is that the computer chair didn't work (I couldn't adjust the seat up and down), but I just used a different chair and sat on a pillow (since they give you 5 of them). As a 24-year old guy, I would definitely come back here. Free breakfast was a plus too (I came between 9:00-9:20 and there was nothing missing). I recommend getting an upstairs room though, because you can hear people above you stomping around.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
BestwesternSantaAna, Manager at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2010

Dear Guest.

Thank you for staying with us at Best Western Orange County Airport in Santa Ana, CA. we are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review Of our hotel located by Orange County Airport . Your appreciation will encourage us to perform better and provide better amenities to our guest. We try our best to make our guest stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Hope to see you again at Best Wester Orange County Airport.

Reviewed March 16, 2010

This place is so clean, the staff is so nice and breakfast is perfect for families on the go. We stay here instead of the Disney area. The pool is nice and the price makes it affordable to stay a week. I loved it the first time I came and always come back here. When everything is perfect why go somewhere else. I noticed that someone put a one star review of terrible and then added "a great place to stay" They gave a excellent review but apparently didn't understand the staring system as one star bad. I travel a lot and have stayed everywhere. This will not disapoint the average traveler looking for a clean friendly nights stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed January 28, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. My room was very clean, nicely furnished and looked like it was recently updated (except, oddly, for the old plastic shower/bathtub area). Beds were comfortable, with nice duvet covers and sheets (no dirty hotel comforters here) and lots of pillows. I slept great here.

The air conditioning unit was relatively quiet and has a "fan only" setting to help drown out any outside noise. My room also had a microwave and small refrigerator, always nice to have, but I wish they would replace the old-fashioned TV with a nice LCD or Plasma. Free Wi-Fi (worked great), free parking and free (but basic) hot cooked-to-order breakfast are nice extras. Front desk personnel were friendly and efficient. The entire hotel and property looked well maintained. I paid around $75 a night, a very good value for Orange County.

If you're on a budget and looking for a clean, comfortable room in the Orange County area, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed December 5, 2009

I stayed here for one night and was pleased. This is likea mini version of Embassy Suites but at half the price! Comfortable bed, nice work desk, internet connection and a couch and coffee table for relaxing. The breakfast was excellent and the staff was friendly. I told my waitress I was in a hurry and my eggs and potatoes were there in a flash with a smile.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business