This isn't a 5-star hotel - it's a family hotel for people who want a nice, clean, reasonably-priced place to stay while in SoCal. As several other reviews mentioned, it is clean and comfortable. The pool area is outdoors which appears to be standard in SoCal, not so standard in my home state of Montana. The pool area is large, the pool itself is huge, and they keep it nicely clean.
The rooms are well-insulated so you hear very little outside noise. I should note this is more of a motel than a hotel - the walkways between the rooms out outdoors, so your room door is directly to the outside. That makes the quietness even more surprising.
Breakfasts are an adventure. You will get a coupon for breakfast when you check in, and you have to bring it with you. Take it to the order counter and you get to pick one of four hot meals. They bring the meals to your table. Nothing special - eggs, waffles, sausage, bacon, it depends what is on the menu that morning, and it changes from day to day. But you get a decent amount and there are stations with massive simple carbs (that is, muffins and cinnamon rolls) and stations with different types of fruit. There is also a cold-cereal station. My biggest breakfast gripe - the coffee is absolutely horrible. Don't think the coffee in the room is any better. While it is nice they include a small coffee pot in the rooms, unless you bring your own beans I would suggest waiting to find a coffee shop. Really, it is worse fresh made in the rooms than down at breakfast, and it is horrible at breakfast. They do have several nice types of tea at breakfast, though. So we caffeinated with tea and saved the mud for later. I should also mention that breakfasts are BUSY! Make sure you bring your patience with you to the table and you will be satisfied.
In short, we liked it. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this AAA rated 3 Diamond Santa Ana, California hotel offering a complimentary shuttle to John Wayne Airport and convenient access to key Orange County attractions. Whether traveling to Southern California on business or pleasure, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Orange County Airport North is committed to providing the best accommodations and customer service for the best price. This Santa Ana hotel offers 148 well-appointed guest rooms, each featuring cable satellite television with HBO® and free wireless high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests are welcome to a complimentary full breakfast each morning before taking advantage of amenities such as an outdoor heated swimming pool and hot tub, exercise facility, guest laundry, full business services and meeting/banquet facilities accommodating up to 60 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North Hotel Santa Ana
- Best Western Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Best Western
- Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North Santa Ana, CA