Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North
$106
$97
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$70
Red Roof
$90
$85
HolidayInn.com
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Pool
All reviewsbest westernshash brownshot breakfastorange countyroom was cleanwafflesnice poolfresh fruitfridge and microwavefree breakfastcooked to order breakfastsouthern californiaother hotelsshort drivegreat place to staystay at this hotel againfree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I hate to sound negative, I really do, but Dang, this is THEE worst Best Western stay I have EVER had!!!!

So... I travel five days a week and I tend to stay only at Best Westerns because I am a Rewards Member and I benefit from all the points I rack up from all the traveling I do. Having said that, I also stay in many Best Westerns throughout the Western United States and this is the WORST experience EVER!!!!!

I am NOT light skinned or blue eyed AND this has to be the ONLY reason why I got CRAPPY service ( based on all the other great reviews here) ! I checked in at 11pm on a Friday night, after a long, busy day I was so glad to have found a Best Western close by, check in was quick and COLD. The worst reception desk EVER!!! The "guy" made no eye contact and had nothing to say, he took my card and all he asked was, "Where do you want to be, first, second or third floor?" I chose the first floor and was thrown in a room at the back of the property facing some scary rail road tracks. The room was NASTY! I was SCARED that bugs would be crawling on the bed! The bedding was worn and DINGY looking and the bedding just didn't look or smell fresh! Old, dirty carpet, dated furniture and an OLD T.V. set with very dim lighting. I think a Motel 6 could have delivered better quality, I really do.

Unfortunately for me, I misplaced my BREAKFAST voucher and when I talked to the front desk clerk, he said, " It will be an additional $7.00 charge to replace the lost ticket." AS IF their breakfast is even worth $7.00 !!!! I didn't stick around long enough to see the pool or the rest of the grounds so I cannot report on anything other than the crappy service and crumby room they stuck me in - ROOM 149 - to be exact.

Thank you very much for tainting the Best Western NAME.

Room Tip: DON'T get a room here. You have so many good choices next door.
1  Thank lovinglife805
BestwesternSantaAna, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. We always strive to provide superior customer care to all our guests. If you were not happy with your room, you just need to contact the front desk and they would gladly change you to another room. I will inform our housekeeping staff about your recent issue so that this issue will not repeat itself in the future. I hope that you will give us another chance next time you are back in this area.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very clean room. The front desk was very courteous. The breakfast was good. My next visit to the area I would stay again
P Johnson

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
BestwesternSantaAna, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am happy that you had such a wonderful time with us and hope to see you next time.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I've been doing some work in the area, and have been trying various hotels. So far, this hotel has my vote as the best in the more economy-class range.

The hotel presents as larger than a typical Best Western. It is three stories high and has a courtyard around the pool, along with a couple of wings with catwalks connecting them. The hotel is exceptionally clean and well-maintained. The front desk staff were smiling and attentive. The room was very clean and up to date, and the bed was very comfortable. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave. The free wireless internet signal was strong and worked well, with much less slowdown during prime hours than in other area hotels.

The free breakfast in the morning was better than average, with staff waiting to cook something for you.

All in all, I really liked this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
BestwesternSantaAna, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am very happy you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you next time you have business in Santa Ana, CA. I will pass along your compliments to our staff and we will continue to provide superior customer care to all of our guests.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Most of this trip was the traveling. I found the hotel to be very clean, and the staff very helpful, courteous, and the pick up service from the airport was much appreciated. Complimentary breakfast was great with a choice of cold or hot. A small coffee maker, and microwave in the room was a great plus for us, since we didn't have transportation, and the lobby shop had a variety of foods to take back to the room. We were there on a legal matter, which my presence was required at an attorney's office, so this was a no frills trip, but the hotel arranged our very early (4:30 am) cab ride back to the airport. Exhausting trip but comfortable beds in a clean, nicely decorated hotel made it bearable. Thanks Best Western, I will come back when I can stay longer.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
BestwesternSantaAna, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Reviewed January 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 7 days during the holiday season while visiting my son and his family in Orange county. CA. The service was very good. Very clean rooms. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. Great value!

Room Tip: If only two people, I would get the king bed room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
BestwesternSantaAna, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and also wish you happy holidays and all the best for the new year! Please be sure to stay with us the next time you are back in Santa Ana!