“Doubletree Club is AWESOME!!!”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 15, 2007

From the moment we arrived our stay was amazing. The staff was great, the room was clean and fresh. The breakfast buffet was excellent. I definitely reccommend this hotel to anyone who is in the Orange County area.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport

Reviewed July 20, 2006

When I am in Orange County for business, I normally stay at this hotel. It is centrally located to just about everything I need to get to. The lobby is ok (not very big) BUT when I stay at a hotel, I am not paying for the lobby...Rooms are not big but they are comfortable/room service is great as well as pool..This is my 5th time staying at this hotel and with ALL the hotels I could pick in Orange County, I keep coming back to this one....should say something about the hotel..Only drawback is when I stayed there in June, there was quite a bit of construction going on, so a lot of things were roped off around the hotel that were open in previous stays....Great access to freeways and John Wayne airport about 1-2 miles down the road but far enough that you don't hear the planes....

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank koltons
San Leandro, CA
Reviewed January 18, 2006

exceeded my expectations!
doesn't smell.
everything looks new and clean!
warm cookies at check in!
free water!

• Stayed: December 2005
Reviewed July 10, 2005

My daughter and I stayed at the Doubletree Club Orange County on July 4 and were pleasantly surprised given the varied reviews to date. While there was nothing special about the lobby or check-in process, we found our room clean, quiet, and very comfortable. We were rushed in the morning but did take advantage of the continental breakfast. Cooked-to-order meals were also offered as part of our room price, but we did not have time. All-in-all, this was a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank ktblax
Chandler, AZ
Reviewed June 26, 2005

Check in was pleasant at first but when we got to the room we discovered they gave us double beds not the queen we reserved. We went downstairs and tried to resolve the issue but were told that since we booked through a third party (Travelocity) that we weren't guaranteed our room request that was for guests who booked through them and paid the full room rate. Only after pushing and finally getting a manager did someone check to see if there was a room at the Double Tree across the street because they were completely booked. He said all they had was a king smoking.

Since we were tired after a long trip we took the room but called corporate and were told that it was indeed policy not to guarantee room requests when purchasing through a third party. We then called the Double Tree across the street and were told that there were indeed several rooms available. I don't know if the front desk was lying and trying to save the reservation or just incompetent.

The room was rather small and not one of the renovated rooms advertised in the lobby. There was no closet just a small space in this cabinet that also housed the TV. There was no full sized ironing board just a small mini one for table or bed top use that collapse upon use. The TV was very small and old. The bathroom floor was dirty and there were hairs attached to the bath mat. I can't imagine paying the over $100 that their website offered.

Parking is horrible. After returning from dinner we had to park in the overflow lot that takes several minutes to walk from. It's not just across the street but down the block and a considerable distance from the hotel. The touted Wi-Fi in public "areas" is a joke. It's only in one "area", the postage stamp sized lobby. There are about only four chairs and a small love seat and one table. While waiting for the intolerably slow elevators I once overheard a woman complain that some one tried to get into her room with a valid key and that she had no hot water. Her key also wasn't working.

Stay at the other Double Tree across the street, it is much, much nicer and has a staff that doesn't seem hostile towards their guests. The reservation policy stinks. It's like that Seinfeld episode where he rents a car, "You’re good at taking a reservation but just not holding it!"

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Mateo, CA
Reviewed June 12, 2005

I recently stayed at the Doubletree Club at John Wayne Airport and really appreciated the great attitutde of the staff there. I'm so tired of the stuffiness I've encountered recently. I've stayed at some of the other hotels nearby, and this was a refreshing change. Great location, too! I got a quiet room right over the lake. Loved the free wireless connection, too!

Totally recommended!

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 4, 2005

I make reservations occassionally for a group that travels. This is our second time here. We will definitely come back next time we need to go to the Irvine area.
Yes, there is a newer and fancier DT across the way, but this one is in quiet area with great staff. And for a group of families with teens, their rates are much better than the other DT.
One Saturday we were late from our very early function getting back for their complete hot buffet breakfast. We called and told them about 35-40 of us would be arriving about 10-15 minutes before their published closing time. They were extremely accommodating and when we arrived, they had restocked all the trays full of hot food! We ended up staying in the dining area well past their regular closing time, and not one complaint from the staff!
The Sales Director was very helpful with our reservations, as the weather was not cooperating and we weren't sure if we would even be making the trip originally. She was very understanding of our last minute decision to travel.
The bar area is cozy ... right next to the buffet bar area. The pool and spa are perfectly acceptable, as are the rooms. There is free internet service in the small business center.
I especially like to walk around the large pond that is in front of the hotel, for a nice afternoon stroll. There is also tables/chairs to sit out there for the "view". And Starbucks opens at 6am, even on the weekends and is a short walk.
I should also mention that it is conveniently located to the airport, freeways, shopping (South Coast Plaza) and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!