“Repeat Offenders”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at your hotel. This was the 3rd time in the past 2 years. This is our first choice when we are in town for the Beach Cities Marathons. EVERYONE is wonderful and we loved our warm reception after running!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport

Reviewed February 13, 2014

The stay was very pleasant; all together from the check-in to the checkout. I arrived early in the morning and was allowed to check-in prior to my conference, I was always greeted with a smile, cleanness and general atmosphere was very comforting. The location and view were a plus.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kara K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for your great TripAdvisor review. We appreciate all the positive comments from the availability of early check-in to our smiling staff. Our top priority is to provide a positive experience for all our guests. I will be sharing your nice comments with our staff!
We hope you choose our hotel when returning to the Orange County area in the future.
Kara Kellogg

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Awesome: Service-everyone was over and above being helpful during my stay especially getting us to and from the race. Transportation-free transport from airport/back and anywhere else after check-in within 4 miles. Food-nice menu which included a variety of food options to include a delicious breakfast. Rooms-Clean but pillows too soft. Safe location-Nice pond (football field size) with water feature, ducks and turtles to walk around for exercise. Will come back....

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Kara K, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to the Surf City Marathon each year, and do our best so that the runners have a great experience.
We hope to see you back next year!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Overall, I had a positive experience with this property. My first impression mas made prior to arrival. Due to bad weather expected in my hometown, I flew out to Orange County a day earlier than anticipated. The front desk staff was not only able to add an extra day on to my reservation, they were able to match the rate for the other nights and not charge a higher rate for the first night.

The hotel offers a great breakfast buffet (free for Diamond members), snacks in the evening, a pool and whirlpool, fitness center, and a free shuttle within a 4 mile radius.

My only negative experience occurred toward the end of my stay. I had called for the shuttle to come pick me up at a conference host hotel 3 miles away (as it had done on prior days) but I waited 1 and a half hours for the shuttle. The front desk staff was very apologetic, and they did try to make it up to me. I was disappointed, however, with the options - either $12.90 off my stay (10% off that night's rate) or a $5 Starbucks gift card. Given the fact that I waited (and wasted) for 1 and half hours, I would have hoped the hotel would have done more to apologize.

Overall, I recommend this hotel without hesitation. I'm sure the shuttle experience was a one-time event. The only reason I didn't rate the hotel as "excellent" was due to the minimal "compensation" I received for my wasted time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room AWAY from the freeway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, evening snacks, other amenities, and helpfulness of our front desk staff.
I am sorry that we made you wait so long for a shuttle pick up. I will make sure that this is addressed with our parking staff as to avoid this situation in the future.
We hope to serve you again in the near future.
Kara Kellogg

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Customer service is the best I have ever experienced at any hotel. The hotel rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had a good variety such as bananas, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, breakfast breads, and strong coffee. The staff goes above and beyond. I highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Double Tree Club the weekend of the Surf City Marathon. For previous races we stayed at the Ayres Hotel and Suites a few blocks away. The Double Tree stay was an overall better experience for the following reasons:
1) Highly organized and supportive staff (A large group of staff members cheered for each shuttle load as they entered the lobby after the race).
2) Layout of the Hotel.
3) Breakfast. The hotel breakfast usually doesn't start until after 6 am, but opened at 4:30 am the morning of the race to accommodate early race start times.

I will definitely stay here again!

Join the Hilton Honors program. It costs nothing, and includes perks with most stays.

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the water feature in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frances F
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed here with other family members last weekend for the Surf City Marathon. The staff went far beyond anything we have ever experienced before at any hotel we have stayed at for running events...and we are close to completing our 50 states marathon.

From the pasta dinner, the shuttle service, the standing ovation for each arriving runner after the event to the free late checkout, the staff made everyone feel like a star athlete.

We will definitely stay here, whether business or pleasure.

Thanks Michelle and staff for outstanding hospitality!

1  Thank Bill O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!