“Great location, friendly staff!”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, Arizona
“Great location, friendly staff!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Check-in was super easy and efficient on a Friday evening. We were in OC for a baptism off the 55 so location was excellent. Not too far from Disneyland and not too far from Long Beach and pretty close to Huntington Beach all of which we visited during our quick 2 night stay. Front desk was very friendly. Pleased with our room, the corner king. Clean and comfy. Loved having a fridge and coffee in the room. Second night the hotel was packed due to a wedding, however the only issue then was parking and I had to valet. Valet staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the standard buffet for Hiltons so was bummed when we had to pay extra for that when we normally get the breakfast buffet included at the other hotels. Was fine, nothing great. Would have like flavored creamers but can't complain about something so minor. But dining area is clean and staff again friendly. And love, love the cookies! I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: End of the hall is quieter...less coming and going.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my first trip back to the area that I called home for 30 years and it obvioulsy required a hotel stay. The check-in was a little rough because I requested a lake view corner king and instead, they gave me a lake view facing the freeway so was put in a room above the banquet room and it was a little loud on Saturday but the remaning three days were quiet and peaceful. I am an avid swimmer so pools are a must where I stay and chose this hotel for that reason and it was beautiful, either over chlorinated or ocean water in the pool but it was great for laps and jacuzzi was a little tired looking but was serviceable. Front staff went over and beyond the call of duty with bottled water and cookies and were very friendly. Valet was a little aggressive at times although I paid the $11/day self park which seemed a little outrageous but common for the area. They also stopped my friend when she came to visit and I had paid for a pass for her so they could relax a little bit.

The rooms were nice although the air conditioning system is a remnant from the 70's so it could be upgraded and the TV's are a little small compared to my 46" Hi Def At home. However, there was a nice sofa and table in the room and housekeeping was very attentive to my needs.

I'll definitely give this hotel my consideration when I come back to the OC!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the lake to avoid the planes and freeway noise!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
DTCLUBORANGECO, Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool! Majority of our guests love soaking up the sun and enjoy taking a dip! We are in the process of scheduling dates to refinish the pool and spa to better improve the appearance. Stay tuned! I apologize for my parking staff being aggressive towards you. I will address this with the Parking Manager to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Please let me know if you have any questions or additional comments.

David Arriola
Director of Operations & Revenue Management/Social Media Marketing
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed on business over a weekday. 3rd floor guests were openly fighting in the hallways all night long and kicking roomservice plates down the halls, spilling drinks in the elevators. I went down to the desk twice to correct this issue, once at midnight and another at 3 am. The desk made some measly gestures at sending a security guard up to look scary, but the guests continued unabated, so I didn't sleep. I was willing to give this place a second chance, but then when I went to the desk the next morning and spoke with the morning staff they had received no notification from the night staff that there were any issues over night. I checked out, 100% certain that in a place with such poor management and communication between shifts, that I would be up all night.

BTW, prepare to get absolutely murdered on parking and internet fees. Make sure to quench your thirst at the glass jug filled with melting ice and stale lemons.

Room Tip: You'd have better luck sleeping in the street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Heydar A
Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We’re very sorry for the noise issue you encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is our number one concern, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. In addition, we apologize that you were unhappy with the parking and internet charges, and we're sorry if the charges weren’t clear when you booked the room. Your review will help us correct similar issues in the future as we work to improve our overall guest experience. We hope that the next time you’re in the area, you’ll consider staying with us again.

Feel free to contact me directly with any additional concerns or questions.

David J. Arriola
Director of Operations/Revenue Management
Massachusetts
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed for 6 days at the Doubletree Club, and it was a good choice: close to everything in Irvine but far enough from the John Wayne flight paths to be very quiet. It's also very easy to get to the beaches by zooming down route 55, or further north or south on 405.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our quality of our services and amenities. I'm glad you enjoyed our convenient location to the freeways. I always say we're in the heart of Orange County and provide easy access to all major Orange County destinations.

Thank you again and we hope to have you stay in the near future.

David J. Arriola
Director of Operations & Revenue Management/Social Media Marketing
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

From the moment we pulled into that parking lot and on the property, until the moment we left, we received attentive, friendly customer service. The facilities were well-maintained and clean. We had a great experience and will undoubtedly return and would recommend this hotel to anyone in search of great service and a great facility for an exceptional value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

SPRINGFIELD, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Nice, but it is Not the hotel you see on the website, It is still a very nice hotel for the money, However Front desk service late at night was terrible, Internet (wireless) is not complimentary they charge for it, as Well as they charge for parking, It is close easy access to the interstate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here because they had a great promotional rate that included breakfast and free internet. The hotel is newer and well kept. It is close to the airport and not too far from shopping. I used the shuttle service that picked me up at the airport and offered to take me to the mall or anywhere within 2 miles of the Hotel. The room was nice and it had a small refrigerator and a safe. The internet worked really well with good speeds. The A/C worked, but only if you set it to 62 degrees. The breakfast was really good with good service. Full buffet and an omelet station. The gym is a small room with very little equipment; they did have water, towels and wipes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hilton Anaheim
#46 of 118 in Anaheim
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!