“A cloud in the middle of Orange County”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel was great and the location was perfect. The beds are RIDICULOUSLY comfortable. I wish I can sleep in them every day for the rest of my life! The hotel is very centrally located and with easy access to the highway and shopping centers. Every night the staff offered a warm cookie for each of us and were extremely friendly. The continental breakfast was a plus. The food was very tasty and professionally displayed. Honestly, I do not know why will anybody stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTCLUBORANGECO, Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed sleeping in our wonderful Sweet Dreams beds! We hope to have you back soon!

david.arriola2@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Travel a lot, and do not stay at Doubletree much. The room was O.K., but when you look closely is needed some work. I do not like hotels that have older, through the wall heating/air units, as you have trouble regulating room temp, as was the case here.

I tried to us the Fitness Center, but 2 or the 3 machines were in operable. I tried to get a bottle of Diet Coke from the vending machine on my floor, but it would not take the bills. I had the same issue on 3 other floors before I finally got a machine that worked. I talked to another traveler that was having the same issue.

I stayed here because it was close to where I needed to be, but next trip here I will definitely find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us improve the quality of our amenities and services. I apologize that our vending machines were not working properly. I addressed this issue with the company that manages the machines to have them inspect them to ensure they are working properly.

Thank you again for your response. Please contact me directly if you have any other concerns or questions.

david.arriola2@Hilton.com

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having a client in Costa Mesa, I have been staying in the OC a lot lately. My last trip I stayed three nights at the Doubletree Club. There are two Doubletrees within spitting distance of each other, and I have to think that some of the reviews here are for the other Doubletree on MacArthur. Both charge for parking - but this one charges $11 for self parking or valet. This one is set back a bit from the main road, on a man made "lake" in an office park setting right next to Rte 55.

All of the staff I encountered during my stay were fantastic. Rooms were big and clean. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Flat screen TV, HD channels. Renovated bathrooms. The only things the rooms could use are more plugs - I had to plug my phone in across the room from the bed, instead of on the nightstand as I normally would. This is pretty standard for business hotels of this caliber these days.

Breakfast was included in my stay since I am a Hilton Diamond. The full breakfast buffet was excellent, with a great variety of hot and cold choices. There is a Starbucks right down the road as well.

I do intend to stay here in the future as I plan on returning to the OC regularly for about a year. Hotels are very hit and miss in this area, and this place is a gem.

Very close to SNA - but I did not hear any airplane noise.

All in all, a great place to stay.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip, chose this hotel because I was getting in late and wanted a hotel with a restaurant inside. The lobby is nice, the restaurant and bar look like they were fitted into a corner of the hotel that would have otherwise been used for receptions, in other words, the design wasn't great. My dinner at the restaurant was good and they had a nice, small selection of wines. The service was excellent. My room was nicely appointed but smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. I didn't let the front desk know because it was late and I just really didn't want to go through the hassle. But, doesn't housekeeping warn anyone that the room smells? The bed was very comfortable and I didn't here any noise at all. I had room service for breakfast with the pre-selected menu from the night before and it arrived perfectly on time. Be forwarned however, they didn't bring water which I normally get without asking with room service, maybe I needed to write it down on the ordering card.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel was very nice. We were not offered our complimentary cookie on check in but when we took our bags to our room, we asked for the cookie and was given it with their apologies. We were in town for my brother's retirement the weekend we were in CA. We had stayed at your hotel in the past and it was very convenient to where we needed to be.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Horrible experience with room, smelled of old cigarette smoke. Must have been a smoking floor in the past. Air unit was broken and blew out a toxic smell. Pillows were awful. Made for a very restless night and a long next day. Would not book there again. Marriott across the street for next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTCLUBORANGECO, Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for reviewing us Tripadvisor.com! I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We addressed the smoking smell and the other issues you mentioned with our housekeeping department. We are a 100% non-smoking hotel and we try our best to encourage guests not to smoke in the rooms. I really hope you can provide us another opportunity to show you that we can provide an amazing experience.

Please contact me directly and I hope to have stay with us in the near future. I apologize again for any inconvenience.

david.arriola2@hilton.com

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Two nights here gave us good nites of sleep. Rooms were rather large and comfortable. Nice fluffy towels and bath amenities. Liked having the Wall Street Journal in the mornings. Fitness center was well equipped and clean. Charged $15.50 for parking but we still had to drive around in the ramp looking for a place to park as they had a wedding reception that nite. Very frustrating.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!