“Love this hotel and staff”

DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed here three times for business, and each time I'm impressed by the hotel, the amenities and the staff. Everyone I encountered is very professional, helpful and kind, going out of their way to make my stay pleasant and comfortable. The rooms are always clean and well appointed, and the breakfast provided is amazing. I appreciate the warm welcome, the cookie, and the attention to customer service. I would definitely recomment this hotel for business or pleasure travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view; the other side looks out onto office buidings.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great suite very clean comfortable. Great room service. Great steak and shrimp fabulous bread pudding for dessert and fabulous wine. Excellent place to spent my a weekend at with my husband. It was wonderful. Great location and close to Disneyland and south coast plaza for some shopping. What a trip without some shopping.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great for business travels if you are fling out of John wayne airport or in town on business. Great service with good rooms, also has a pond infront of the properity which is great for jogging or just enjoying some southern California sun. Plenty of outdoor parking that is close to the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The staff was very nice and helpful. We loved the location, it was very centralized. Close to the beach, Angel Stadium, Disneyland, shopping, and easy to hop onto the freeway! The beds were very comfy and the rooms were really clean. Loved that there was food within walking distance. The kids loved watching the ducks in the lake. The view was nice. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again!! I also didn't feel like the fees for the internet and parking are that high, very reasonably priced for that area.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The room I booked had a queen bed and a sofa bed with a small refrig. It was very clean and comfortable. Th location is convenient. The reason I gave three stars rating is the additional $11 parking fee and $11 internet fee.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here for our son's birthday. At check it we were greeted by Arturo (manager). Very friendly staff, of course cookies were yummy. Room was clean, amenities ate nice. The lake outside was nice, kids feed ducks, breakfast nice selection, pool and spa clean and convenient. Room was quiet. Will most definitely stay again and recommend.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Booked this hotel on Hotwire for a two night stay while in Disneyland. Its in Santa Ana in an area filled with hotels. About a 10 minute drive to the park (which I knew about and chose). The hotel is nice to look at although nothing special. $11.00 bucks a day to park.

The room was clean. The beds were ok, although not as plush as other Doubletrees offer. I got what I paid for from the hotel amenities, so that is not the reason for the low stars. The place was clean.

My complaint comes from the staff. I did not find them helpful. I didn't even find them nice. In fact, they went out of their way to make me and my family feel uncomfortable. From check-in until check-out there were no smiles, no greetings and sighs whenever any of us asked as question. I found the Valet's very rude and they ignore me completely on one occasion. They never even offered to park the car for us when the lot was full, although apparently they are supposed to. Housekeeping was very rude as well and would run you over in the halffways if you were not careful.

I have stayed on many Hilton Properties as I am a member of Hilton Honors. I have stayed at several Doubletrees. This is the worst service I have ever seen at a DoubleTree. or any Hilton property. They simply wanted nothing to do with us.

Also, a big sign on the desk reads that they will charge a $50 per day fee upon check in that will be reimbursed sometime after checkout unless something is charged. This was not disclosed prior on either the Hotwire confirmation page on on the Hilton Website. I know a lot of hotels do this now and I really hate giving people money that they will decide to give back to you later, (maybe). Given how we were treated here, I do not trust that they will be honest about giving the money back.

Room Tip: Pretty close to the freeway, ask for a room far from it.
1  Thank bgpappa25
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#3 of 19 in Garden Grove

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!