No photo provided
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Double tree”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Location, Location, Location, 10 mins from the beach 5 minutes drive to one of the best malls Southern California has to offer and a little known place called Disneyland is about 15 minutes away. The staff here were very helpful I found the rooms clean and the breakfast was ok
The pool was always empty and it is really nice to walk around the lake I would not hesitate to stay here again and look forward to. Top marks to the polite reception staff who helped me swap rooms when the elevators were being upgraded .

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
DTCLUBORANGECO, Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! We value your feedback and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of our property. I always say that we’re in the middle of everything which you personally experienced! Isn’t the lake a nice touch? Some of the staff feel so attached to the ducks that they named a few of them. Customer service is something we take pride in and it pleases me to hear that our staff provided great service during your stay. We hope to have you back in the near future and thank you again for you review.

Warm Regards,

Operations Manager/Director of Revenue Management & Social Media
Email: david.arriola2@hilton.com
Phone: 714-540-4947

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We did not enjoy our stay at the Doubletree Club. Our room was next to the fitness room. We heard most of the activity including weights being moved and dropped, a group of teenagers that yelled and screamed while goofing around in there and the smell was always present.

Our AC unit had a loud whine every time the fan turned on. Other rooms in other locations in the hotel may be better but room 230 is one to avoid.

• Stayed September 2012
DTCLUBORANGECO, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how to improve our hotel. I apologize for the disturbance you experienced by the group that was in the fitness center. Our management staff & security are consistently walking the floors to ensure everyone is courtesy to their surrounding neighbors. Your comment was forwarded to the appropriate department and I can assure you that we’re taking every precaution from this happening in the future. I also had my engineering department inspect the A/C unit in the room you occupied and we immediately fixed the unit. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have you stay with us in the near future.

Best Regards,

Operations Manager/Director of Revenue & Social Media
David.arriola2@hilton.com
714-540-4947
Las Vegas
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Foremost, with respect to the bed bugs comment, it is unfortunate. But as travelers we take that risk anywhere we travel. Some of the most expensive hotels have bed bugs. To me, its not that a hotel has bed bugs, it's how they handle me when I request a different room. If they accommodate, and even check before hand for no bugs, that's what I expect. Anything else is not satisfactory in my opinion.

Not sure where the other bad reviews come from, but being a loyal HHonors member and DoubleTree guest, I think this is one of the better "Clubs" I have been to. Front desk and checkin was very pleasant. Valet was quick and a short walk to front desk. Room was spacious and clean. It was my first time staying there and I got upgraded to a suite and received a letter from the manager. I was impressed. Only comment would be that the staff at breakfast were not very attentive. Had breakfast and was Ina. Hurry but my request for a coffee to go was never fulfilled - I was given coffee in a glass mug. Otherwise I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Bed Bug Galore. This Hotel is complete fraud. Starting with the exterior picture (The tall building is not part of the hotel but portrayed in all the pictures) all the way to the fabricated high ratings. I checked in and out within two hours of my stay due to extremely loud & old A/C units, Filthy shower, and being bitten by bed bugs upon my arrival. This is an old privately owned motel and now franchised by Double Tree because of its good location. I requested to be moved to a higher class Double tree with no bugs in the area and I was told they couldn’t honor the same corporate rate because the other hotel was also privately owned. I ended up moving to a Hilton hotel at higher rate. Shame on you Hilton, just because a hotel is a private franchise doesn’t mean they shouldn’t follow the same high standards and policies.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sean P
Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! Your feedback and comments are very important to us and we value your opinion. We take bed bug reports very seriously. When this was brought to our attention we immediately contacted a certified pest control company to inspect the room you occupied. The pest control company did not identify any bed bugs or any other pest activities. I also addressed the shower and the A/C unit with the appropriate departments. We take pride in cleanliness and the condition of your hotel so your feedback was very much appreciated. Please contact me directly if you have any additional comments or concerns.

Best Regards,

David J. Arriola
Operations Manager/Director of Revenue & Social Media
David.arriola2@hilton.com
714-540-4947
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Was there on the weekend of 08/10/12 with family. Pleasant staff, They even brought us microwave and baby crib when requested. Restaurant meal was delicious although buffet breakfast was not as tasty nor diverse like those of a regular Hilton hotel.
Nice mall and endleiss eateries within vicinity. Of course, the welcome cookie was delicious!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here last May and am only now getting to this review. I am taking the time to write it because other Tripadvisor members should be aware of this hotel's "damage" policy. When I checked in I noticed a very large yellow notice taped to the counter stating that credit cards would be billed $50 PER NIGHT as a "damage" deposit. When I inquired, I was told that if there was no damage to the room, the amount would be credited back to the hotel within three working days. Really?? I told the desk clerk this was not acceptable to me and I would not agree to having my card debited for anything but the room charge. I checked in at 9 p.m. but I was so irritatedat their policy that I was willing to leave at that late time and find another hotel. The clerk agreed to my request because, he said, I had booked directly with the hotel and had not "booked through a third party". So I guess if I had booked through Expedia, they would have insisted on this "damage" deposit. I have never heard of anything like this and all I could think was what a hassle it would be if the hotel "forgot" to debit the $50 back. Someone who lives in the area told me he thought the hotel had this policy because Corinthian College is close by. Who knows. I just thought it was pretty gutsy of them.

The hotel is relatively cheap for the area. The room was average - about what you would expect - and clean. The bar/restaurant area needs a make-over. The front desk folks were disinterested. I received a questionaire from Doubletree after my stay. One of the questions was if I had received a warm cookie upone arrival. Yes, the apathetic front desk person who checked me in handed me a bag with a microwaved cookie - but that little gesture of friendlness sure does not make up for the $50 upfront fee. Fortunately, there are lots of other hotel options in Santa Ana and Irvine .

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DTCLUBORANGECO, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. I wanted to clarify that the additional authorization on your method of payment was meant for any incidentals that you might have incurred during your stay. We do not collect deposits for damages. The main purpose of the authorization is to provide a convenient way for our guests to utilize services such as video on demand and/or room service without providing different method of payments for each transaction. I apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred and I would love to invite you back to the DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport when you return to the area. Please contact me with any additional concerns at (714) 540-4947 or at david.arriola2@hilton.com.

Best regards,

Operations Manager/Director of Revenue Management & Social Media
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Phone: (714) 751-2400
Email: david.arriola2@hilton.com
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was an excellent stay for me. Front desk and restaurant staff were friendly (the only staff I really interacted with much.) Had dinner in the restaurant one evening and it was excellent -- especially enjoyed the outdoor seating overlooking the lake. My room also overlooked this lake.

Property is a fairly well done renovation of an older property -- this is obvious only in some of the "little" things like the climate control system which is the older type of system that doesn't have a digital thermostat and can be a little loud (I actually don't mind, and kind of like, the sound of these fans).

Parking is either self park or valet both for the same price of $11 per day with a reduced rate for guests coming to visit you. (I think $3 per hour.) This is pretty much par for the course in the area - parking charges - although this was lower than some of them are. There was also a charge for internet here so I didn't use it, I just tethered my phone.

I did get welcomed to my room with a personalized letter (as an HHonors member) which I thought was a fairly nice touch.

Location is great - very easy to get to anywhere in the area especially if you are trying to stay near the business parks that surround John Wayne airport (as I was). Location is also very clean, safe, and quiet.

Do take care not to end up at the "other" Doubletree (which doesn't say "Club") that is right around the corner on MacArthur.

I would (and probably will) stay at this property again soon without hesitation especially given the very reasonable rate that I received.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hilton Anaheim
#47 of 118 in Anaheim
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!