DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$108
$134
$114
  • Restaurant
$112
Courtyard Santa Ana Orange County(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
$70
$85
Travelocity
All reviewscookiessurf citylake viewman made lakefront desksmall lakethe double tree clubbusiness parkorange countyself parkingbreakfast buffetvalet staffshuttle servicefitness centerbusiness triplate checkdefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2012

When we checked in, a wedding party was going on and parking was almost full.
Fortunately we found a space to park without waiting.Parking rate was $11.
Our room was prepared as we requested but the room keys didn't work.
We were not upgraded as a HH gold elite at this hotel but received buffett breakfast for 2.
and 2 drink coupons at the bar. We ordered a glass of white and a glass of red house wine. Both were horrible. We sipped 2 times but couldn't drink anymore as wine lovers.
We hope they change the selection of their house wine.

Good quality breakfast for both drinks and food
plus the restaurant service was efficient and excellent.
The restaurant has a nice view facing a pond with a fountain.
Even after a wedding party the hotel was very clean including hallways and lobby bathrooms.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers have a water view Rooms with even numbers have a freeway view. The corner rooms have a spacious shower room with no bathtub.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank osakamt
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.com! Your comments are very important to us and we value your feedback. I wanted to apologize for your keys not working upon check in. We try our best to audit all doors to ensure they are in working order. Please feel free to email me directly with your room number and I’ll double check the room to ensure the issue has been resolved. As a HHonors Member, we value your patronage to the Hilton Family and we always upgrade our Diamond/Gold Members if we have rooms available. I wanted to point out that our Diamond and Gold members are provided complimentary hot breakfast buffet and complimentary drink tickets which is special and specific to our property. These upgraded services always make our Diamond and Gold members excited to stay with us! I will pass along your comments regarding our house wine selection to the Food & Beverage Director. If you have any other comments or concerns, please email me directly at david.arriola2@hilton.com or call me directly at (714) 540-4947.

Thank you again for your review.

Operations Manager/Director of Revenue Management & Social Media
Email: david.arriola2@hilton.com
Phone: (714) 540-4947

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Its a small cosy place to stay for visiting Disney which is only a 10 min drive. The hotel shuttle takes u anywhere in a 4mile radius which includes South coast plaza which is one of the biggest malls . The shuttle service is prompt and when i got lost after the mall closed, they located my whereabouts and reached me. Since doubletree is celeberating its 25 yrs, u get very yum free chocolate cookies made fresh every morning. There's a small lake with ducks in front and if u walk by its side on a narrow path , there's a starbucks, a thai ,mexican & japanese eateries.The japanese called Wasabi was very good and u can enjoy the food outside in the sun rather than eat in the hotel. Free breakfast was for all 4 of us in the room unlike many hotels where it is only for 2 guests per room.The front desk staff is extemely nice and drive the shuttle too. We forgot our credit card at the front desk and realized it only on reaching Vegas but the staff had kept it safely and offered to courier it. The hotel is a good , reasonably priced place to explore the beaches and visit Disney.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for responding on Tripadvisor.com! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in servicing all our guests and it brings a smile to my face to know you enjoyed the local attractions that are conveniently located near the hotel. It’s great to know that my Front Desk staff took good care of you and your family during your stay. We look forward to your return!

Operation/Director of Revenue & Social Media
Email: david.arriola2@hilton.com
Phone: (714) 540-4947

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed at very few hotels in CA or Santa Ana, but I've been in a few across the country. So I'll give a quick review. If you're going to stay at a double tree it pays to be a Hilton honors member.

Why? Here's a few reasons.
1) Free Wi-Fi in your room, otherwise you'll pay $10 per day or you'll have to use it in the lobby.

2) Free breakfast buffet, which is otherwise $22 per person and is only worth about half that. Don't get me wrong it's a very nice spread of hot, cold, juices, fruits and prepared dishes to choose from, but that price is outrageous especially if you have a family.

The business center is excellent and has a very convenient and helpful coupon book that's a must for travelers which will be dining locally.

Valet and self parking is the same price $11 so either or doesn't matter.

Rooms are spacious, clean, and you're greeted with several bottles of free water when you arrive which is great.

Overall, a very nice and comfortable hotel to stay in.

*Note* Room service choices are far greater then that of those actually available to you in the restaurant which is bizzare but a fact.

• Stayed: June 2012
DTCLUBORANGECO, Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor.com! Your comments are greatly appreciated and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize if you were under the impression that our breakfast buffet was $22 per person. Breakfast buffet in our Lakeside Bistro is actually $12.50 plus tax. I want to apologize again for the misunderstanding and I look forward to having you stay at the DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport in the near future.

Operations Manager/Director of Revenue Management & Social Media
(714) 751-2400
david.arriola2@hilton.com

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed for a Confrence, amenities are basic. Lobby is very small and no place to sit and chat.
Breakfast has omelettes station which is nice but the food in general is very basic.
Service is ok but very slow.
Location is good, very close to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tomer15
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I never knew the DoubleTree Club brand existed until this stay. In fact, I put "Double Tree" into the GPS upon picking up my rental car and it took me to the real DoubleTree, which is a couple blocks away. They were very friendly and directed me to the right place.

The location is great. Right next to the airport with easy access to the highways. I walked to an area nearby for a quick dinner and felt super safe and was satisfied with my options. It is built on an urban corporate park/apartment complex that has a nice lake in front of it. I ran there in the morning and it is about a .3 miles around and a nice feature.

First impressions are important, and the valet here needs some major help. I hate valet, and only use it if absolutely necessary. As I pulled up, I saw a ton of spaces. However, valet had set up cones that forced me to pull around to their staging area. The guy told me they were very busy and suggested valet. I asked him what my other options were, and he said "none- you have to valet". So I did, even though I think it was unnecessary. The hotel was going to charge me for parking anyway, but I'd rather do it myself.

I had a drink with a colleague in the bar the first night. The service was great. However, her food was unimpressive and overpriced. I had already eaten. Breakfast the next morning was far better.

The room itself was fine. It had obviously gone through a major remodel and they did an OK job- however you could tell some things were just not quite right.
Fitness center was very small, but not crowded when I was in there.

Overall, there is nothing majorly wrong with the property. However, when you see the "Doubletree" name you expect a bit more. This was certainly Doubletree light- and not worthy of the price I paid or my expectations.

Room Tip: Not quite sure- I know there are suites, but I was not offerred an upgrade with Hilton Honors Diamond status.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business