“ONLY if you are desperate” 1 of 5 bubbles

Civic Center Inn Santa Ana
Civic Center Inn Santa Ana
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Vancouver, Canada
“ONLY if you are desperate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Ick. This place was gross. I needed a place in a hurry and the location and price seemed good. Unfortunately I hadn't taken the time to read other Tripadvisor reviews or I would have chosen elsewhere. The room looks like it was last updated in 1989. The towels are paper-thin, there were bugs in the sink, and there were cigarette holes on the 'non smoking' bed.

IF you are a desperate for a place to stay, then this will probably suffice. After all, the sheets seemed clean and the bed was well made.

Room Tip: Don't expect a lot.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Kelly B

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Bed to small for frame, I hurt my foot due to kicking it. No air HOT. HOT!!! carpet holes, bath tube. Water damaged. , Female owner was RUDE!!!! to my spouse!! I will complain. To Expedia. WOREST. EXPERIENCE. EVER!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank tnt68
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

Ashes on the bathroom floor, dirty sheets, fire damage, filthy carpet... Yuck!!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank CnG118
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2008

I stayed here Dec. 14, through Dec. 17 2008. The location of the hotel was good for us, as we had business in the area. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, if you must stay at the hotel, check out the room, and make sure all the facilities are in working order. I would not stay there again.
The staff had a “Don’t bother me” attitude; every question had to go through the proper channels of management. Our stay was on a weekend and management worked Monday through Friday. Therefore, we had to wait until Monday before any of our questions and concerns could be addressed. When we were able to speak to the management she had the same response, we would have to address her manager.
From the first night we checked in the facilities did not work. We reported it several times during every day. Each time we were instructed that someone would be in to fix the problem. We were at the hotel four days and the facilities were never fixed.
The hotel was empty all weekend, after our experience we understood why.

• Liked — Area
  • Disliked — Toilet didn't work and they would not fix it!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Martha3
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2002

I had the misfortune of staying in this so-called "hotel" during a trade show in March, when everything else was full.
The surly receptionist said he would take care of my bag which had been delayed on the flight and was being delivered later. Despite this, he later refused to accept the bag from the delivery driver, which led to it being stolen from the street outside.
When I complained, the hotel manager became abusive and screamed at me that he would check me out immediately and throw me out on the street.
All my efforts to find out what had happened to my luggage were hindered by the hotel staff, who often refused to speak at all and when they did only used broken and heavily accented english.
Apart from this, the telephones were switched off regularly, the TV remote was missing, and the so-called 24-hour reception consisted of a guy sleeping in a back room. To wake him up it was often necessary to knock hard on the office door for more than ten minutes.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
BEST WESTERN Orange Plaza
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orange County Airport North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport

Been to Civic Center Inn Santa Ana? Share your experiences!