“AMAZING property!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Easton, Pennsylvania
“AMAZING property!”
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This had to be the most amazing hotel I've stayed at in a long time. It's beautiful, the staff was super friendly, the free cooked to order breakfast was DELICIOUS and the room was so nice. I couldn't have asked for a better stay. I was on an 11 day business trip and I wish I could have stayed at this property for more than one night, but I had to move on each night.

I used the laundry facilities while here and wandered the property. It's so beautiful. While the parking is a bit odd being around the outside with the rooms laid out on the inside, I can't complain because it made it seem like a village inside. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. My room was a two part suite with a desk, sofa, tv, coffee table and chair in the first area and then a divider and the bed, dresser, tv, sink and counter and then the bathroom. The room was very comfortable and the bed was as well.

NO COMPLAINTS what so ever. It felt safe, clean, comfortable, 5 stars all around!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
managerSantaAna, Front Office Manager at Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2010
Dear Jenncatty,
Thank you for taking time to write a comment about your stay. We always enjoy positive feedback from all of our guests and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your business trip to California. We try to accommodate all of our guests needs while staying at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are glad to see you used some of our many amenities such as our breakfast. Once again, thank you for taking time to write a comment about the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 11, 2010

My boyfriend and I decided to get away for a night and stay at this hotel. We had stayed here once before, where they had overcharged him for his room, but we figured it was just an honest mistake, as they quickly refunded the extra around $250 that they had charged. Since the rooms are pretty decent and it is in a convenient location, as well as the fact that we have a rewards card, we decided to stay there again this time, hoping for a better stay. When we checked in, we asked for an upgrade to the executive suite, which the woman kindly gave us no questions asked. The room was clean and nice, just as last time. However, this time I was the one to pay, and being as I had not payed last time, I was unaware of the $100 hold that they put on your card at check-in. 2 days later, I still had a hold on my card and didn't see it until I went to pay the room off, and to my surprise, there was an extra $100 on my card. When I called the hotel and spoke to the front desk manager, he told me that it was just a standard to hold $100 at the time of check in. I explained to him that no one had told me about the hold, so I wouldn't know that, and he just kept telling me that it was just a standard. How would I know that is a standard if no one tells me? Also, isn't it a law to tell a customer about ALL of the charges they will incur BEFORE you charge their card? I owned my own salon before, and I know for a fact that this IS indeed a law. He was very rude and short with me and basically told me to deal with it and it will be returned when it gets returned, but my point to him was that I was never even told about the charge to begin with. He was very unprofessional and rude to me and offered no solution or guarantee that it would not happen again in the future. His attitude was such that it seemed he could care less if I remained a customer and did not care that no one had mentioned the charge to me at check in. From now on I will take my business to the Marriott in Newport or Comfort Suites in Huntington Beach. The Marriot is more expensive but the service is amazing and the Comfort Suites is not as nice, but is usually cheaper and the service is better there as well. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
managerSantaAna, manager at Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2010
Dear PVic01,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. At the Quality Suites, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. I am sorry we were unable to do that for you.

At check in, we inform guests of our hotel policies, including our credit card/debit card payment policy, which is stated on our registration card that you initialed and signed. We also have counter top signs that disclose our credit card/debit card payment policy as well. When you provided your credit card at check in we authorized a hold for room, tax and incidentals (gift shop charges,long distance phone calls, etc.). This was not a charge to your credit card it was only a hold. I assure you that authorizing a hold on your credit card for room, tax and incidentals is a hotel industry standard.

At check out, your credit card was charged for room and tax only since you did not have any incidentals. Once your credit card was charged for room and tax, the remaining funds from the authorization were immediately released on our side. It can take up to 3-5 business days for your bank to then release the funds back to your credit card.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and choosing the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport.
Las Vegas
Reviewed December 20, 2009

This is by far one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. There were two rooms, so we could put the kids to bed and stay up late in the other room. No more having to go to sleep when the kids do! The hot breakfast was amazing and served to our liking! The rooms were clean and comfortable! There are fast food places, nice places to eat, and conveniant stores all close by!
We are going to Santa Ana again in February and have already booked this hotel for another wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
managerSantaAna, Front Office Manager at Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2009
Dear Jends123,

Thank you for taking time to write a comment about the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and all our accommodations met your needs. Once again, thank you for writing a comment and staying with us. We hope to see you soon.
Reno/Tahoe, Nevada
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I have stayed here about five times in past two years and it's always been nice. The lobby slow ceiling fans kind of remind me of Casablanca, the pool is centrally located and always has guests there and the terrace tables in the aftternoons, the rooms have the suite layout with a front room and back bedroom, and the carpeting and beds are nice. This is located on Hotel Terrace Drive, which is all hotels and they are competing with each other to provide good service.

Also the free (included) hot-cooked Breakfast is very good. I had wonderful scrambled eggs and hash browns cooked to order - - I'm hungry I wish I had some now. It's a great place and a really good value, I think.

Nice landscaping of Palm trees when you walk around, and flower plantings especially around the pool trees, and terrace area also make you wish you could just take the day off. (well you can, if you are on vacation, such as to Disneyland or to Newport Beach. I have seen those type of vacationers at this Quality Suites.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
managerSantaAna, Front Office Manager at Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
Dear Travlr45,
Thank you for taking time to post a comment about the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stays. At the Quality Suites we strive to provide the best service possible. Once again, thank you for taking time to write a comment and we hope to see you in the near future.
california
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my mom and my cousins before a trip to Disneyland. The hotel was great! Convenient location to the airport and Disneyland. Very friendly staff. Clean and spacious rooms. Most comfortable beds and pillows! They even have free breakfast in morning with yummy food and a great variety. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
managerSantaAna, Front Office Manager at Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2009
Dear Witeroze926,

Thank you for taking time to comment about the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are happy that our accommodations met your needs. At the Quality Suites we always strive to provide the best customer service possible. Once again thank for writing a comment and hope that you stay with us in the future.
la
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Friendly and good trouble-shooting staffs
Comfortable room settings
clean and smell good sheets
spotless bathroom
elegant hotel lobby
amble 2 room suites,
well kept property,
delicious and fresh cooked breakfast
easy access to the local business and freeway.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
managerSantaAna, Front Office Manager at Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
Dear Erguma,

Thank you for writing a review of the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. We are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the comments about or hotel. Once again, thank you for taking time to write a review.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2009

We stayed here for a wedding instead of using the wedded couple's suggested hotel. We had no idea what it would be like, only that it was cheaper.

The building looks old, like it was built in the 60s or 70s. It has a kind of southwestern feel to it as well. Huge place, too.

The room was big and comfortable. There was a dividing sliding door between the living room and the bedroom. I was there with my parents and so I slept on the couch, which folded out into a bed, in the living room. It was very comfortable and there was privacy.

It had a microwave, a refrigerator, and both rooms had TVs. There was free wifi that was about 80% reliable. That wifi really saved the day for me the entire weekend.

We didn't hear a peep out of anyone else, I suppose we might have had a room far from others. However, no sign of road noise or anything else strange.

There is a free breakfast which is the best. There is a cook who will make you food while you wait. There was a large selection of food to choose from. I really enjoyed it each morning.

There is plenty of shopping nearby and it's right next to the highway. There's also lots of food nearby, at least 2 restaurants within one block, if not more that I didn't notice.

The hotel had a rental car agency on property, which was extremely convenient.

All in all, the place was comfortable and would be worth the money. Definitely great if there are 3 or 4 of you travelling together.

• Stayed September 2009
Dear Lombaxian,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to comment on the Quality Suites John Wayne Airport. At our hotel we try to provide great service to all of our guests. We are glad to see you enjoyed the amenities that we offered during your stay. Thank you, again, for commenting on our hotel and hope to see you in the future.