Not really sure if this is a family hotel even though families stay here. Seemed more couples there during our stay whom where annoyed by children especially around the pool. A couple times parents including myself had to correct others that if you came to the pool to sunbath your better going to the beach because our kids are in the pool to swim and play so if you get wet live with it. I think they may have been part of a tour, and times there where tense confrontations with some parents and couples. Not very enjoyable for the kids. The pool is small BEWARE if all the kids are in it they are packed and can't move. This happened 2 nights we where there. Pool towels are also sparse. Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't.
Originally there for 5 nights but car trouble added a day. Not happy with the rate for the additional day much higher for a wednesday.
The front desk staff rocked. They all where very helpful and even gave us a map of places to eat in the district.
The rooms are standard, we stayed in suite facing the pool. Furnishings were old and some stained. Fridge barely worked and haven't seen a microwave that old in years. The beds were comfy but doubles the sofa bed was standard. Enough space for my family.
Breakfast is as crowded as they say but it is no different than going someplace ordering then waiting for your meal its just that you have to stand in line and wait. But it is good but just remember to tell them how much of everything you want or you only get one.
Parking can be a nightmare. If you do come back late you will have to be directed to a different hotel to park because I guess free parking means you can take 2 spots or park across 5 an management won't tell you to move.
House keeping cleaned well but was annoyed had 6 people and 4 towels always asked for 2 more but never did get any had to go to front desk every day to get 2 more and seemed like front desk and house keeping don't communicate. By the end of our stay the front desk had the towels ready for us when we walked through the lobby.
Maintenance around the building is sparse also. Every morning even after 11 the garbage cans where full from all the breakfast garbage and never emptied made the place look trashy and birds and other creatures come looking for scraps. There was a broken beer bottle that myself and others reported to the front desk that sat for 2days could always smell the stale beer walking past the stairs. The repairs also going on where displacing.
Overall it is a quiet hotel. After the pool closes people gather around the tables and have adult beverages. I never heard them once. I would bring my family back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The CW Suites hotel is an atrium-style, 177 all-suite hotel. Hotel offers a courtesy shuttle to John Wayne Orange County Airport, free wireless Internet access and on-site fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your CW Suites Hotel - John Wayne Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Suites John Wayne Airport Hotel Santa Ana
- Quality Inn Santa Ana
- Quality Hotel Santa Ana
- CW Suites Hotel - John Wayne Airport Santa Ana, Orange County, CA