“Overrated.”

Baja Fish Tacos
Ranked #6 of 696 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Out of the 5 dinners our group ordered none of us were impressed. We were disappointed that it didn't live up to expectations based on other reviews.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Authentic tasting Mexican food in a strip mall in Santa Ana? It's true. This is a hole in the wall restaurant has good food and a friendly atmosphere. Portions sizes are good. Food is cooked well and flavorful. When a place is as busy as this one there's got to be something good going on.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I used to eat at this joint weekly when I used to live in OC so it was a definite must eat when I returned and the carne asada burrito is so tasty and delicious and make sure you order it wet which means they cover it with cheese and ranchero sauce. Their salsa bar has different kinds of salsa depending on your tolerance for spice and they also have cilantro, hot peppers, carrots and pico de gallo. Living back East, good authentic Mexican food is difficult and I always know that I'll be full and content at this place. Fortunately, I arrived before the lunch crowd so got a nice seat and they have two flat screen TV's although I had them change the channel to ESPN instead of the boring mid day news. This is a happening spot for lunch in the OC since it is situated near the world famous SC Plaza mall! I also had black beans and rice on the side and there is no charge and it's an electric place at lunch and there are some beautiful women that like eating at this joint. Staff is friendly and even made sure that I enjoyed my burrito so it's a must stop for casual Mexican food in the OC!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

First off, let me start by saying I love Mexican food and I'm constantly trying out new restaurants in search of the best Carne Asada. Well, the search is over....Baja Fish Tacos has the best Carne Asada I've ever had the pleasure of eating. The awesome food does not end with the Carne Asada but continues with rest of the menu. Everything is fresh made and flavorful. The pinto beans just melt in your mouth. The salsa bar (you help yourself so you can sample them all or stick with your favorite) with it's plethora of mouth watering sensations just enhance the overall experience. Everything on the menu is a winner so go and order with the confidence that you will have a great dinning experience. Don't be scared off if you see a line running out the door as it moves quickly and the wait is worth it.

My husband and I have been regulars here for several years now and the food is consistently awesome. We have also dined at the Norco and Laguna Hills locations which serve the same outstanding food.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I visited so many taco places all around the US. This place might be one of the best Mex good in the country. Their blackened fish taco is just mavelous. I live this place because of not only food but service. They bring the food to your spot nicely. Nachos are wonderful with salsa, too.
Be aware of visiting weekdays during lunch hour, you could see long line all yhe time.