“Small place - big taste!”
Review of Civic

Civic
Ranked #91 of 685 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Mexican
Orange County, CA
“Small place - big taste!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Went to Civic last week and we were basically the only ones there. But for some reason it took about 25 minutes to get our food. Now for me personally this was fine since I didn't have anywhere to be, but I did get a bit hungry waiting. The atmosphere is trendy lunch and there were 4 outdoor tables and a counter with seating inside. The staff was friendly. Some might be leery of the location - well, I didn't have any issue with it at all, it's in a city...not in a mall or in a trendy shopping spot.

Food - ok here's where it gets real good. I ordered the strawberry french toast with cream....ummm, died and went to heaven - at first when she presented it to me it looked small and I was feeling a little let down, but it was the perfect size due to the richness of the dish. I was extremely satisfied with my meal. My friend had a salad of arugula, watermelon, and feta--perfect for a hot day. Make sure you love arugula as there was a lot of it and it was strong tasting.

Absolutely will go back!! The crowd came rushing in at noon and it was packed when we left at 12:30. Parking can be limited. Great addition to the many fine eateries now in downtown Santa Ana and it's growing out beyond just the core blocks around Broadway and 2nd...take a chance, try CIVIC. I personally LOVE living and eating in this city.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank cybertraveler

Santa Ana, California
“EAT GOOD FOOD (and mean it!)”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Hip hole-in-the-wall must try! Don't ya love great surprises? This is one! The bacon wrapped dog with pineapple salsa is a perfect kick! A full-blown score! Pesto sandwiches winners, too, both chicken and beef! Burgers the whole ballgame! (Look for Wednesday specials, and don't miss anything!) Note: beware of hot spice! Order "mild" if concerned!

"PB&C juice" healthy and delicious (with pineapple, not apple, beet, and carrot!)

Vanilla cream coffee! I had it cold! Remarkable! Everyone there thought they'd found some bite off a culinary rainbow! Am I mixing metaphors? (Sports and natural wonders?) oh well!

Went twice in two days! Burgers with bacon! Don't get me started!

If you like surprises, check out CIVIC"!" While you're in the area check out the neighborhood across Civic Center and cruise streets of charming, custom houses, and neighborhoods farther north across 17th are premium! Grand Old Pasadena and Hancock Park, LA! Keep driving!

How lucky for neighborhoods to have a cafe like CIVIC so close! Not another chain burger! Makes me want to live nearby!

• Visited June 2014