“Good Food, Terrible Service”
Review of Olde Ship

Olde Ship
Ranked #44 of 696 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: British
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We got there on time for our reservation and were seated, although they didnt have enough menus for all of us at our table, we should have left at this omen. It took 25 minutes for our server to take our order - and that was only after we left our table to track someone down to take our order. It then took another 45 minutes for our food to arrive - 1 hour and 10 minutes after we sat down. I was starving! The food was great and then they brought the check without even asking about desert. We ordered desert and they had to recalculate our bill, I hope we don't get charged twice.
Overall - the food was good, the server nice, the service terrible.

1  Thank lorenwebb

Reviewed December 9, 2012

As part of our 3-restaurant 35th anniversary celebration, we made the Olde Ship a must visit.
Great British food (the curry and fish and chips in ale-batter are great), more UK beers than you can count, most on tap and attentive friendly service... a small mention of the anniversary and out came a beautiful syrupy tart (desert) with a candle....we ddin't want to leave, but they were closing.

Absolutely worth a visit... repeated visits in fact.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was my local for many years. Great food, great beer, great atmosphere. It is truly a British pub. Check their schedule - they have pub trivia night once a month and there is always live music on the weekends with no cover. Tell the manager, Jackie, that I sent ya!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Good decent pub food, service was good, good choices of beer, lots of parking and plenty to look at in the Pub, they have really created the Old English atmosphere.

What was funny was instead of soccer or rugby on the TV's when we arrived, they had Australian AFL on, not at all "British".

Worth a visit for a pub meal.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We ate here with our hosts on a recent trip to CA. It was their favorite local place. I had the Cooks Scampi and Chips and the shrimp was great. I can't say that British cuisine was my favorite but everyone loved their dinner & the portions were huge. The atmosphere was nice & I enjoyed looking at the decorations and reading the bits of history in the menu.