“A good place to relax, but prices are going up.”

Orange County Mining Co
Reserve with OpenTable
Orange County Mining Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 681 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chapman-Cannon
Tustin, California
“A good place to relax, but prices are going up.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Went back to the OC Mining Company today for happy hour, having not been there since last year. The new saloon menu has less items and many prices have gone up. For example, the large pitcher of Miner's Margarita has increased from $24 to $30, which is a 25 percent jump. It seems some of the appetizers have increased in price also. I remember back to early 2012 or so when select appetizers were half-off for Happy Hour. Now they are just $2 off a price of $10 or $12, sometimes more.

Didn't look at the dinner menu tonight, but I notice many reviewers have stated for awhile that the meals are overpriced. I hope the meals didn't recently hike up in price also.

It's still a nice place to hang for awhile with a great view to the north-west. Also, a good place to come for Sunday brunch. My four star rating is for the total package as I like the ambience here and the servers are generally pretty good. Some servers have been there for a few years.

I know the place has a rustic feel to it, but a little sprucing up would not go astray. It seems that none of the decor has changed for many years. Its about time to change the carpet, for one thing.

• Visited April 2013

• Indonesian first
Huntington Beach, California
“Over Priced for what you get”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is good, but overpriced. I wouldn't recommend it. It wasn't a bad place to have a business social but I would not eat my own meal there.

• Visited May 2012
Anaheim, California
“Great Date Spot”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I’ve been coming here for a couple of years now and this place is all about the atmosphere. It’s a great date spot... The view at the top of the hill is nice. The booths are oversized and private. The themed restaurant is fun without being corny. The food is good, not great, but good. All-in-all, you don’t come here for the food; you come here for the total package. And it’s a good one.

The salad bar that comes with dinner is okay, but I expect more for the price. The pre-mixed pasta salads are nice enough. I wish the fruit section was bigger and not canned fruit (really… canned!?). The soups are very good.

I’ve been here for brunch once. It’s fine, but not as good as the brunch at the neighboring Orange Hill Restaurant. I wouldn’t come back for their brunch, but I do prefer this for a great dinner date.

• Visited March 2013
Chino, California
“Lack of Concern”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently took my best friend to OC Mining Company for her birthday. I requested a window table and was pleased to get it. However, we had to go down some steps to get to it. There is a handrail, but it is placed somewhat low. My husband walks with a cane and when he reached for the rail, he lost his balance and fell. Several nearby guests expressed concern, but the hostess saw it happen and said nothing. She merely stood there with menus in her hand. Nor did a manager come to our table to see if he was okay. I feel this shows a lack of concern for the guests.

• Visited February 2013
Westminster, California
“Good Food and Great Views”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food is fantastic. The view is awesome as it is in the hills and overlooks Orange County, Los Angeles County and you can see to Catalina Island. At night there are white Christmas lights in the trees on the road up the the restaurant all lit up. Just the drive up is pretty. The food is wonderful. I have liked everything they have served me in this restaurant.

Visited November 2012