“Overpriced Steak House”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 727 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Plaza
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

You can get a great steak for half the price just down the road at Karl Strauss. It's just a regular run of the mill steak house.

1  Thank Snafooo

Reviewed March 4, 2014

One of the great steak houses. Our waiter was great! I like my beef rare and my ribeye came just the way I like it. Good salad. Veggies were steamed just right. Pricey, but you sure get what you pay for.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We went early, right at 5:00pm and we're seated at a table near the bathroom and a banquet room. During the entire meal people were walking by close to the table. Very distracting. Lobster bisque and lettuce wedge were good. Watch out for the high priced wine list

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for years and it's always been good. Sadly, on Dec. 26 we went there to celebrate my husband and son's birthdays, and it was quite disappointing. Our server was very friendly and worked hard, but he simply did not know the menu well. The food was pretty good-not great or excellent. My husband's (approx $47) New York strip was not near the quality we had previously enjoyed at Morton's. It was thin, overcooked and definitely not prime. Have had better steaks from the supermarket. Early the next morning both my son and husband were sick (not saying it was Morton's fault but I didn't have meat and I was not sick). Maybe now that Morton's is owned by the same company that owns Claim Jumper they are using lower quality meats. All I can say is that next time we celebrate an event or entertain guests we won't be visiting Morton's. If you're going to charge those prices and you have to keep up the quality; good reputations have to be earned every single night.

1  Thank James F
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The food and service at Morton's are both very good, but for the prices they charge I would expect a little more. They are located very close to the South Coast Plaza mall, so parking is no problem.