“Elegant and Expensive”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 690 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Plaza
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Beaverton, OR
“Elegant and Expensive”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The prices are high (expected) and the food is incredible. Be prepared to pay the mortgage or rent late if you have a small group and order wine/bar beverages--this is not for the weak of wallet, but worth it if you're looking to impress or just enjoy an enjoyable meal.

Visited October 2012

Mission Viejo, California
“I sent my steak back”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

For the price I have had better service and better meat. I am not into steak and there really aren't many other options. I went as a group before a play. My vegetarian friend only had a side salad. The best part was the martini with dry ice in it, that smokes.

Visited December 2011
Orange County, CA
“Best steak ever”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

What can you say about the meat here? It's great. But I always walk away thinking "I just paid over $100 a person for dinner and didn't even get dessert or salad?"

Visited August 2012
London
“No longer the best”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had not visited Morton's for a few years since I was last in the US. On a recent trip to California, I took my family to Morton's expecting them to be blown away by the steaks, which I had always loved on previous visits. I recall they used to sell 'Double Filet' steaks that were huge, tender and full of flavour. That's not the case any more. They're called 'Center Cut' now and I have to say as a Brit visiting this US, this was the first restaurant in the US that I've visited where I was disappointed with the portion size. In fact I went away hungry. The sides at $12 (+20% service) were just about enough for the two of us. The steak was good, but no longer outstanding and I'd agree with other reviewers that there are now better places you can eat steak in the US. What a shame.....

• Visited August 2012
Friant, California
“Not a Ruth's Chris”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Comparing Morton's to Ruth's Chris or Flemings I would say it falls between the two with Ruth's Chris winning. Like the more private feel at Ruth's, feels more romantic to me. No one can compare to the melt in your mouth bread at Ruth's. However, with that being said, the Bibb Salad was very good at Motons. We enjoyed a filet, ordered it medium rare but it was cooked medium. Grilled asparagus with balsamic was tasty. And if you order the melting chocolate cake, order it medium rare otherwise it will be to dry. Overall nice restaurant but feel we can get better food and atmosphere at other dining options.