“Rushed”

Antonello Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Antonello Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 693 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sunflower & Plaza
Transit: Going to the theater or Opera at Orange County Performing Arts why not have dinner at Antonello, leave your car in our parking lot and take our complimentary shuttle to and from the theater. When making reservation please inquire about the theater shuttle program
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Have loved this iconic Orange County restaurant for years. It is my husbands favorite restaurant and he is Italian. He wanted to go here for his birthday, we invited another couple to join us. We had a 7:00pm res on a Tuesday night. We arrived early, as did our friends, and were immediately seated at our table. We were offered a choice of two tables which was nice. We ordered a cocktail and were immediately given menus and told the evening specials. We felt like we were being rushed to order. We did not look at the menus, it was clear we wanted to have a drink first. The restaurant was not fully seated, so we did not see any rush. It was a Tuesday night, not a lunch where we had to get back to the office in an hour. The food is still good, but not the quality in previous years. I had the special of lamb, cooked correctly but lacking in flavor. Others had the chicken and another special that night of a veal chop. My husband ordered the veal Picasso, which used to be on the menu, but was now gone. The kitchen made it for him and it was good. Hopefully this was only one occasion of being rushed, as we will always return to Antonellos as a favorite restaurant for Italian food.

There are newer reviews for Antonello Ristorante

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I had lived in OC for over 8 years and never went to Antonello Ristorante until I moved back to Los Angeles. Better too late, than never... In celebrating our anniversary, we wanted a posh Italian restaurant, while in Orange County. The decor was homey quaint with a Tuscan touch. We could also enjoy hearing the live music coming from the bar area. Beautiful ambience, service, and food! Antonello exceeded our expectations!

Ernesto and Alfredo were a superb team, with stellar personalized service. They made us feel very special and appreciated, with their kind touches, courtesy cheesecake and bottled mariana sauce for our celebration. :-)

Wonderful wine selections too! The special octopus carpaccio was fresh and thinly sliced. I got the signature ravioli dish with ricotta cheese and spinach, deliciously fresh and made from scratch. My date got the signature beef ravioli. We also shared a signature favorite salad and the truffle mushroom mashed potato was soooo flavorful and creamy.

With my excellent tasty dishes, I didn't realize the best part of my meal would be the delectable desserts... I got the Grand Marnier souffle (OMG unbelieveable), and it was definitely worth the wait and the splurge. I gained 5 pounds because it was the utmost fluffy, custardy, fresh, creamy, yet light, flavorful with hints of Grand Marnier, and a little too tasty! :-) I was sooooo very full, I needed a moment just to stand up.

We had a spectacular time, and will definitely be back here for a double date soon, a birthday, and other celebrations. What a treasured and memorable experience!!! Thanks Ernest and Alfredo for your personal touches of outstanding service.

1  Thank LoveSchnauzers
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Wonderful Italian pastries, panini's and desserts. Best coffee in the mall. Great place to sit with a friend and view the patrons walking about. Friendly Barista's. Open atmosphere. Located near the carousel, 2nd level. Take a caffe break!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Wonderful restaurant that was host to our company Christmas Party. The best Veal Marsala that I have ever tasted. Super service and atmosphere was so comfortable and friendly.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We are sp grateful to still have one restaurant in Orange County, CA that still retains a true fine dining atmosphere without going too California Casual. I love this restaurant and on my birthday, the wait staff definitely made all three of us feel special. (My 20 year old daughter, my husband and myself) We ordered the Veal Chop Marsala, which wasn't on the menu, but we knew it existed and the waiter was more than willing to make sure we got what we wanted. Basically, if they have carried an item you like in the past, but you don't see it on the menu, ask for it anyway. We wanted an appetizer and the waiter came up with an amazing combination split on three plates and served elegantly. I do recommend that you avoid the weekends especially during the holidays on a Fri or Sat. We once did get the same experience of lack of greeting as Fifi E. received, but we concluded that it was filled with business people having their Christmas parties and it does interfere with the experience. We went on a Monday evening during the holidays, which is when my birthday landed this year, and not only did they give me a birthday flourless cake, but they gave me a present, which was a jar of their pasta sauce, which I love.