“Wonderful place to stay!!!”

Red Roof Inn Santa Ana
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I really love this charming little hotel. The location and rooms are extremely clean, and the staff are very helpful and polite; which enhances the experience as a whole. Also.... Location-Location-Location!!! If you're planning to go to Disneyland; Angel Stadium; The Honda Center; The Children's Science Center (which is next door) or The Convention Center; then this is the place to be. Also... one of Orange County's most magnificent malls are directly across the street.

The swimming pool & hot-tub are clean and (adjacent ) there's a great river-park; it's perfect for running (which I like to do) or outings with the kids. I highly recommend this charming little hotel for your vacation and (in my case) Business needs. Oh... the prices are VERY REASONABLE!!!!

- Johnny Luckett

Room Tip: The best room's are in building's A B and C.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for your great TripAdvisor review. We appreciate all the positive comments. Our top priority is to provide a positive experience for all our guests. I will be sharing your nice comments with our staff!
We hope you choose our hotel when returning to Santa Ana Ca, area in the future.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Santa Ana

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have stayed here dozens of times. It was a Best Western maybe 15 years ago. The rooms are clean and safe. The Westfield Main Place Mall is steps away, as well as another brand new retail complex. next door the the "discovery science center (muesuem) for children" and blocks from Downtown Santa Ana Artist's Village, and Bower's Muesuem. next door is Polly's Pies. an Orange County Tradition. GREAT for breakfast; try the Giant cinnamon roll, smothered in butter.

Room Tip: The rooms with outside corridors are mainly for nightly's. the other wing is for monthly's
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Aerovergalineas
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Aerovergalineas,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property . We do appreciate the nice review and that we are really convenience to all restaurants for guest to enjoy their stay. We want to thank you for been a loyal guest to Red Roof Inn for so many years.

GM

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Block D is outdated, dirty, and smelly. Upon arrival, there was a dried blood stain on the wall and the room STUNK. Meth users hanging around the stairs outside(dilated pupils, moving 100 miles per hour, chain smoking). We asked to be moved closer to the lobby, and were told we would be charged an upgrade fee to move to two FULL beds instead of the two QUEENS we reserved, in a newer room ??? They did not charge us after all, but the new room had all the baseboards pulled off the walls, and we had to clean the tub with a bleach cleanser(we purchased at store just for this purpose)and the washrag was BLACK from all the grime that removed! Stained bedspreads. Friendly and helpful staff, just a crappy place to stay!

Room Tip: Stay away from Block D
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank M O

Dear Guest,
I do apologize for the concerns you addressed while you were staying at my property. I will address these concerns with my housekeeping staff and work to ensure that this does not occur again and I will continue to work on re-training of my staff to ensure the highest quality rooms possible.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We have stayed at this motel 9 of the past 10 years while attending a convention in Anaheim. The reason is that it is in easy walking distance of a shopping mall. I discovered this year that to get the better rooms you have to choose the "superior" choice. Our business king wasn't that great. The baseboards were missing. The shower handle was loose. The shower curtain rod sagged (they fixed that) and we were never able to get actual hot water at the sink (shower was ok). The new TV was very nice however.

Room Tip: I suggest the Superior rooms. They have been better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank garyvc
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have been here for 6 months so far I have to say I have the best experience with the staff they are so courteous and wonderful..the maids are very sweet and caring ..and the office and registration the girls are so helpful so caring ..really this is a GREAT place to come to ..because you wont be sorry...

Room Tip: # 161..its a great room... plus there is the hot tub and pool that you look out at
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Mr. Valerie
I appreciate the nice review you shared. I will share this review and let housekeeping and front desk staff what a great job their doing. We appreciate you for being a loyal guest to Red Roof Inn .

Reviewed January 28, 2014

So my fiance and I were in town for a week visiting her parent's and we found this great place called Red Roof Inn!... Let me tell you, we sure are glad we did!!

Location is excellent, adjacent to everything. Nice safe area and close to several great restaurants, movies, shopping, and nightlife!

This hotel offers guests peace and quiet, a pool, laundry room, wifi, lots of parking and a Polly's Pies in the parking lot with the best baked goods ever!!!

My room was appointed with a kitchenette with a fridge, sink, microwave and cooktop. In addition, an iron, ironing board, and a spacious bathroom!

Management is VERY nice and extremely helpful. They cater to guests 100%. 5 stars to them !

Bottom line is, if you are interested in a great location with a reasonable rates then go for it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. James G
Thank you for giving us a positive review from all of the staff at Red Roof Inn we thank you. i will let all the staff know regarding the good comments you wrote and said about us.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The receptionist had eyes that smiled, she was overworked. Our room had no lights over the bed. We fussed, they adjusted our room rate the next day. I didn't expect this. I'd like to go back. Service people doing the rooms, as well as guests seemed to be real friendly.

Room Tip: Pretty much standard procedure.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Mr.Rovenstinez
I am glad you enjoy your stay at our property. I do apologize once again for the inconvenience due to not enough lighting in your room. I look forward on seen you in the near future and give us a chance to make it better . Sincerely Patricia Gonzalez

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to Red Roof Inn Santa Ana? Share your experiences!