“DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!!!!”

Red Roof Inn Santa Ana
Red Roof Inn Santa Ana
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
El Paso, Illinois
“DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL!!!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I just finished reading a previous review and it pretty much sums up what my family and I went through. And for others to rate 5 stars?? FROM WHERE!?! The first night we arrived, July 3, we ran into a group of 4, 2 couples, arguing with each other, I thought they were going to get into a fist fight. After a 12 hour drive, we just needed a bed. The following day, after 13 hrs at Disneyland, we came back to the room just after 1 am, and there was a tall male, about 6'2", 300 lbs., who knocked on our door, asked my husband if he could talk to him, my husband replied, that's fine, through the door, the man then asked my husband if he had any rolling paper, or something to that nature!??? On our 3rd day there, we were ready to leave! The toilet clogged, and my husband, son and I were returning the plunger, walked to the office and as we were walking, we saw some ppl standing outside, a lady who was standing out there said the office was closed, someone had started a fire in between the 2 front buildings of the hotel!!! After that fiasco, on our return, just from the office to our room, there is a girl getting out of a BMW next to the garbage containers, adjusting herself and walking toward the driver's side of the car!?!? Can you say prostitute? The lady who let us know the office was closed because of the FIRE, also let us know in the week she had been staying there, she knew that the location of our room was on the BAD part of the hotel!! Would have been nice to know had someone mentioned it on the reviews! Carpet was stained, don't even wanna know what it was! There was A security guard, which we saw ONCE in the complete stay, never once on our side of the hotel, only looking over the firemen putting out the fire!!?!! My husband mentioned this to the front staff, they said they would look into it, they had know idea this was going on?!?! Really???? If you're renting the rooms, don't you know who you're renting to and for how long?? I booked the reservation with my gov't discount and upon arriving, showed my gov't employee ID, I would think that in the HOPES of GETTING good reviews, we would have been given a better room or if nothing else closer to the office!! I am very disappointed. I added this review because it would have been nice to have seen one to warn me before I made the reservation!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank momkat_13
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Momkat,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Santa Ana Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincerest apologies.
Unfortunately, the fire incident is located in the riverbed, behind our building, not part of our property. It just so happened it was near the hotel. As a precautionary measure, even though the fire did not affect us, the front desk staff and the security guard knocked on guest doors located in buildings A and B.
We do our very best to provide every customer with excellent service. Therefore, your feedback is very important to us. We are taking appropriate measures so we can prevent this from happening again.

APC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My son and I stayed one night at the Red Roof Inn in Santa Ana, as it was fairly convenient for visiting Chapman University. It looked more or less OK on tripadvisor, and the price was right.

The front desk clerk was not exactly friendly or welcoming, but she was at least efficient. She assigned us to a nonsmoking room a ways away from the office. (Note: the property looks small from the entrance, but there are actually a number of buildings.)

We drove to our building and hauled our stuff up the stairs to the room, but it smelled pretty strongly of smoke - like it had been smoked in quite a lot, in fact. We called the front desk and reported the problem; she said that the room had, indeed, once been a smoking room, but was now non-smoking. It was like they just changed its designation without doing anything about the stench. Anyway, she said to come back and she'd reassign us.

The new room was on the ground floor. It had a kitchenette, which is to say, it featured a single-burner ceramic stove. (Note that there were no dishes, pots, pans or utensils, so if you're looking for a functioning kitchenette, try elsewhere.) It didn't smell like smoke, at least, so we stayed.

Amenities were few and far between. There was a little pocket-pack of tissues, in lieu of a box; two (rough) bath towels; no clock; woefully inadequate wi-fi; and a desk, but with no electrical outlets nearby.

It was fairly clean, but there was some sort of grit on the bathroom floor.

The big thing was, the property had a weird vibe. There were people hanging out on the stairwells smoking, and they weren't exactly gracious about moving so that you could get past them. One woman kept visiting the front office in her pajamas, and seemed very familiar with the receptionist. My son and I both, independently, concluded that for a number of people, this was actually their residence. Something about their territorial behavior, as well as people feeling comfortable enough to go from building to building in their pajamas, gave us that impression. And moreover, we didn't really feel safe there, especially in a ground-floor room; in fact, in the morning, my son commented that at least we were still alive!

I just checked the most recent reviews of the property and most were 5-star. Huh??? Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Anyway...we won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Yobabs
Dear Yobabs,
I am truly sorry you had a bad experience while staying at our hotel. I would like to talk to you regarding your experience and would appreciate if you can give me a call at the hotel so we can prevent it from happening again in the future. We appreciate you sharing your concerns and it is our hope that you will give us the chance to better serve you.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I was recommended to Red Roof Inn by some friends as I was going to come to Disneyland with my wife and kids. We moved out from santa ana years ago and visiting seems fun .On my stay upon check in was greated with a smile and felt welcomed and since we got lost for some hrs I asked the front desk to recommend some food they sent me to hometown buffet witch wa great Patricia was really helpful and rooms were GREAT smelled good .I will share my experience with friends and family

• Stayed June 2013
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Sweet Laura,
I would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana CA as your lodging needs. My staff and I are so glad that we are able to make your stay an enjoyable one. I will pass on your nice comment to Patricia. Hoping to see you soon.
APC.
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My stay at Red Roof in Santa Ana was an excellent experience. The service was great and the hospitality was wonderful. Had excellent customer service.The lady that helped out was Patricia, she was so kind, helpful, and sweet. Overall my stay at Red Roof Inn was the one of the best. I highly recommend anyone to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Carlos L.
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA. My staff and I are always delighted to hear that we have made your stay, our valued guest, a pleasant and one of your best stay. I will relay your nice comments to Patricia and my staff. I am looking forward for your next stay soon with us.

McComb, Mississippi
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I flew into John Wayne airport. Hotel was very close without being near any flight paths. 20 min or less in carpool lane.The Staff was wonderful..housekeeping was so nice but not intrusive and did a great job. The young lady that I delt with the most was Rachel ,she is perfect (smiling,happy and sweet), 2nd shift. I was surprised how quiet it was there. My sweetheart and I chose a king size ground floor room that was large and nicely updated. Plenty of room for 2 adults. Were in town for a family wedding(6 days).Pool was good size and very clean. I had the oppourtunity to let 2 other relatives(seperate nites) know about these great rates and they were happy too. The staff was wonderful to hold those rooms until those guest could get there. The location was also next door to the childrens dicovery museum(Shuttle Endevor Nose)outside our room and fabulous Polly's Pies and Restaurant right across the parking lot. Full breakfast prices start at $5-10. Enough food for the largest eater. The largest cinnamon roll I've ever seen and a great selection on menu...PIES PIES PIES...YUM. All of the staff was great at both places and you could not ask for more at a hotel on a budget. Needless to stay I will be staying here 4 times a year(6 days each) just to enjoy this staff and facility.

Room Tip: Book with hotel directly. they will do their best to match rates. changes and/or cancellations are e...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amanda r
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Amanda R.
Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA. I am glad that you enjoyed your six days stay here. I will surely share your nice comments to my stafff, especially to Rachel.
I am looking forward on your next stay with us.
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was visiting from San Diego to go to a concert in Downtown Santa Ana. This hotel was really close to where I had to go and super convenient for me and my boyfriend. First time checking in to this hotel was such a breeze. The lady that helped us, Rachel was really nice and fast at getting us into our room. Not being from the area we were looking for something fun to do the next day so we asked her what was something we could do. She told us about the discovery sciences center that is literally right next door. We took her advice and went to check it out the next day. My mind was blown with all the awesome stuff there. Would have never known about this awesome place if it was for the lady at the front desk of our hotel. Thanks for the awesome advice it was a great trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Melanie B.,
My staff and I would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA. I am glad that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay here. And Rachel was able to suggest a place where you can have fun. I will relay the positive comments to Rachel.
Hope to see you soon.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

One of the best hotel i've been to. Its almost like staying in one of the Las Vegas hotel! Nice very nice!!! They have very excellent customer service espeacially one particular person Assitant mgt. Patricia SUCH A NICE PERSON! And I will definately return if ever I go on another trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Ring H,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, CA as your lodging needs.We are glad that we made you happy here.I will share your nice comments to Patricia and to my staff.
We know that you have many choices for your lodging needs and we are delighted that you have chosen us. Thank you very much and hoping to see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport
Best Western Plus Orange County Airport North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to Red Roof Inn Santa Ana? Share your experiences!