“a great place to stay!!!”

Red Roof Inn Santa Ana
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I flew into John Wayne airport. Hotel was very close without being near any flight paths. 20 min or less in carpool lane.The Staff was wonderful..housekeeping was so nice but not intrusive and did a great job. The young lady that I delt with the most was Rachel ,she is perfect (smiling,happy and sweet), 2nd shift. I was surprised how quiet it was there. My sweetheart and I chose a king size ground floor room that was large and nicely updated. Plenty of room for 2 adults. Were in town for a family wedding(6 days).Pool was good size and very clean. I had the oppourtunity to let 2 other relatives(seperate nites) know about these great rates and they were happy too. The staff was wonderful to hold those rooms until those guest could get there. The location was also next door to the childrens dicovery museum(Shuttle Endevor Nose)outside our room and fabulous Polly's Pies and Restaurant right across the parking lot. Full breakfast prices start at $5-10. Enough food for the largest eater. The largest cinnamon roll I've ever seen and a great selection on menu...PIES PIES PIES...YUM. All of the staff was great at both places and you could not ask for more at a hotel on a budget. Needless to stay I will be staying here 4 times a year(6 days each) just to enjoy this staff and facility.

Room Tip: Book with hotel directly. they will do their best to match rates. changes and/or cancellations are e...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amanda r
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Amanda R.
Thank you so much for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA. I am glad that you enjoyed your six days stay here. I will surely share your nice comments to my stafff, especially to Rachel.
I am looking forward on your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was visiting from San Diego to go to a concert in Downtown Santa Ana. This hotel was really close to where I had to go and super convenient for me and my boyfriend. First time checking in to this hotel was such a breeze. The lady that helped us, Rachel was really nice and fast at getting us into our room. Not being from the area we were looking for something fun to do the next day so we asked her what was something we could do. She told us about the discovery sciences center that is literally right next door. We took her advice and went to check it out the next day. My mind was blown with all the awesome stuff there. Would have never known about this awesome place if it was for the lady at the front desk of our hotel. Thanks for the awesome advice it was a great trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Melanie B.,
My staff and I would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA. I am glad that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay here. And Rachel was able to suggest a place where you can have fun. I will relay the positive comments to Rachel.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

One of the best hotel i've been to. Its almost like staying in one of the Las Vegas hotel! Nice very nice!!! They have very excellent customer service espeacially one particular person Assitant mgt. Patricia SUCH A NICE PERSON! And I will definately return if ever I go on another trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Ring H,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, CA as your lodging needs.We are glad that we made you happy here.I will share your nice comments to Patricia and to my staff.
We know that you have many choices for your lodging needs and we are delighted that you have chosen us. Thank you very much and hoping to see you soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is not my first stay at this hotel and always have been a very pleasant stay. The rooms are clean and the hosukeeping staff or at the front desk is friendly and helpfull. I would like to say a special mention for this young lady with the name of Janeth.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Fernando J.:

I would like to thank you for writing good comments about the hotel. I will surely pass on the nice things you've mentioned about Janet and myhousekeeping staff. Again, thank you very much for making Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA your "home away from home."

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at Santa ana location for business,l must say that my stay was very pleasant,clean and confortable. The crew was very friendly especially at counter there was a girl that it help me a lot,she was very friendly and helpful.
Her name "Lupita " thank you and l would definitely come back !!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Must 1234,
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA. We are glad that we made your stay a pleasant and a happy one. My staff, especially Lupita, were very happy to read your positive comments about your last visit with us. Hoping to see you soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at santa ana location with my family for a 3 day weekend. The A.M Patricia was really helpful and friendly always with a smile she gave us the request that we had asked for in our reservation a room next to office and provided us with extra towels since we were 4 ppl. Later that night evening we wanted to have dinner and Patricia recommended us to go eat to Hometown Buffet it was great just couple of minutes from the hotel. Our room was really nice and clean and we were able to park right in front of the room. We sure will be back with the whole family and let family and friends know about our experience at Red roof inn santa ana .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Coach 12249,
First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn, Santa Ana, CA. We are happy that we made your stay a pleasant one. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our dear guests, like you, have at our hotel.
I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team, especially, to Patricia.
We are looking forward for your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I came to the red roof inn based off a recommendation and regret it. I drove to California from Seattle to go to Disney land, showed up at 2 to check In, dropped off my stuff and left right away...I came back after the park had closed ( to the hotel by 1am) pulled my sheets back (I always check the sheets) and found giant fecal matter skid marks on the sheets. In my opinion that is complete laziness, negligence and horribly disgusting. Not to mention I had to call the front desk at 1 am to get new sheets and remake the bed myself. I was highly dissatisfied with the cleanliness, the staff and the stay over all and would NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone. I wish I knew how to attach a picture of the sheets.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank stevie g
i0226, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Santa Ana, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Stevie G.,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Santa Ana Red Roof,. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies. We did , however,made adjustments to your rate because of the inconvenience you experienced. We appreciate your input and it is our hope that you will give us a chance to better serve you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Clarion Inn & Suites Orange County John Wayne Airport
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County Airport
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Orange County Airport
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to Red Roof Inn Santa Ana? Share your experiences!